Freelook View stuck?

Hi everyone,

Am I being completely dense here? At some point during my flight, in cockpit view my cursor disappeared and now I cannot interact with the cockpit whatsoever. No keyboard commands work for me to change or reset the view.

The view is also stuck on Freelook Cockpit mode instead of Fixed, and nothing I can do seems to change it. I have escaped out and reset all my views but nothing has worked. In the external view my cursor is back, although mouse functionality has stopped working.

Can anyone help me please?

Mousewheel click.

If that doesn’t work, check your control options, and look for anything to do with Freelook and press that key.

Thank you, but no unfortunately it doesn’t work and nor does any keyboard or mouse related command to do with freelook. I’ve also reset both keyboard and mouth pre-set profiles in the controls setting. Clicked and held the mouse wheel. Nothing is working. No keyboard commands are working either.

What about resetting your camera setting… From the main menu option. not the one from the top bar.

Unfortunately that doesn’t work :frowning:

What about right click? Anything in your camera setting that has something to do with disabling freelook?

All right click functionality has been lost. All keyboard commands have now been lost. The joystick shortcuts that used to change the view has been lost. I am at a loss.

In that case, go back to your control options. Search for the command Toggle Freelook. You have to set the fliter from Assigned to ALL first to be able to find it.

If there’s no keys bound to Toggle Freelook, bind it to a key. Apply and Save it. And press that button. See if that works.

Thank you for trying, but unfortunately that doesn’t work. I bound it to the keyboard command SHIFT+Q. Saved. Then went back into the Cockpit view and pressed the keyboard command. Nothing happened.

Similar to the Mousewheel click that is bound to the same command, also does not work.

Yeah… I don’t know how else I can help you, mate… Sorry about that. I just tried to replicate your issue with the freelook, pressing my mousewheel click brought me back to fixed look. regardless of how far I move my freelook mouse around.

Thanks I really appreciate your help. Shortly after I last posted, the whole cockpit went into low-res mode and at that point I realised that I don’t even think MFS was even aware I was in that view!

So I submitted a ticket, shut it down and am going to sleep. Hopefully it will just fix itself when I boot up the software next time.

Another flight ruined because of yet another bug…oh well…

Thanks so much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.