Freelook with mouse causes controls to freeze after SU5

I drop form almost 60 to like 30 even down to 20 when looking around

1 Like

I’m 100% certain that it’s a bug, it was never this way before the update.

1 Like

we want to hold it it feels more natural

1 Like

mid-click = mouse wheel button

1 Like

yes it works I’ll use this but I used to hold it. Nevermind you fixed it in another way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi all, I am using the steam version with a honeycomb alpha, and just noticed if I use mouse look (right click and hold i loose input on my ailerons until I release the mouse? anybody else?

2 Likes

Same issue here after the latest update. Cannot control the aircraft whilst looking around. Infact I can’t even action any of the buttons inside the cockpit with my mouse anymore, I just get this garish blue highlight with a text label saying what it is.

2 Likes

I have noticed exactly the same thing. Very frustrating. I also noticed that one can activate freelook with middle mouse button, then one is allowed to look around while giving other inputs but is required to click middle button before any left click inputs… still frustrating.

1 Like

Q: what happens if you choose the old way of handling cockpit controls in Assistance options ? Maybe camera goes along with it ? Can’t check it here… I’m still downloading…

No, setting “legacy” does not resolve this problem unfortunately…

1 Like

Yes, same issue here

1 Like

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else’s joystick/yoke decides to ignore input/freeze in the middle of an input? I have observed this in every plane and it hasn’t happened before SU5. It has caused me to CFIT once and taxi off of the taxiway multiple times on two separate flights. Anyone else??

2 Likes

Hey folks, I dont know if I have a setting wrong but I cant look around as I use to be able to (holding right click mouse and moving it) whilst having control of the plane with my sidestick.

Whenever I start looking around the input for my sidestick stops.

EDIT: only happening in cockpit view and I’m in legacy look mode.

1 Like

I’ve got this same issue as well, I unbound all other functions from rt click but it still locks out the controller input while in free look.

Maybe it’s an issue on our end?

I have no idea what could be causing it, been searching through all the settings. I have a feeling its something to do with the xbox gamepad support

… CAN YOU NOT USE FREELOOK AND INPUT A CONTROL AT THE SAME TIME… This has actually caused me to subtly rage and to figure this out now, midway through a flight is maddening.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, just downloaded SU5 earlier today and my controls keep freezing up during flight. This glitch has already made me crash numerous times - it’s hard to fly a plane when you can’t control it lol. I have to shake my controls around violently for them to unstick - both my ailerons and elevator will stick in the air and my rudder pedals also stick on the ground. Help us, please!

1 Like

Hey theres a couple threads on this, I just made one before too! The control inputs are frozen when you are holding right mouse button to free look.

1 Like

You’re not alone

1 Like

Make sure you arent freelooking while inputting a control. That solved it for me, not to say that isn’t how it should be…

1 Like