Freelook with mouse causes controls to freeze after SU5

Come on Asobo, STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED

2 Likes

Along with a dozen other small things, but weā€™ll get there in the end, I have no doubt.

1 Like

Almost 12 months! I know itā€™s not the most game breaking bugs ever but Iā€™d still like to be able to steer the plane whilst quickly performing some cockpit housekeeping.

4 Likes

One more sim update and still this is not fixed, very disappointing, specially for something that worked fine on launch and got broken on SU5

8 Likes

Agreed. They donā€™t seem to understand how this looks on their QC team. How can this not have been noticed when it took me literally 5 minutes into SU5 to see my controls would freeze in the input they were in before I moved the camera.

1 Like

Perhaps, but Iā€™m starting to lose faith. Instead of spending 60 minutes to simply fix this once and for all, theyā€™ve opted to work on fictional aircraft for marketing gimmicks instead.

To all the people saying MSFS is a serious sim: are you sure? Because Asoboā€™s actions donā€™t seem to agree.

Different teams. In much the same way as the security guard at Asobo HQ isnā€™t preparing lunch in the canteen.

Though I take your point. I look to future movie releases wondering if there are any big aviation related ones comingā€¦

1 Like

So frustrating especially with addons like the fenix where you have to quickly glance across and the controls lock up, how has this not been fixed, its been A YEAR!

2 Likes

this topic should get pushed into the next Q&A, they have to at least explain why this is still not fixed and ā€˜ā€˜under investigationā€™ā€™ for a year now.

2 Likes

Tried doing that. They said it was not part of the beta, so it wouldnā€™t be allowed into the QA.

2 Likes

If that is what happened, it is possibly not THIS bug, but another one from a long time ago.

The cause was losing focus on the main screnn, and it would stick to the VFR map, or the ATC chat window. The solution was to click off the window back on to the main view by using right click. That made everything work again.

I am a little confused as to why people are saying this causes them to be unable to look around the cockpit quickly. I have no trouble using right click to look around, let go, then carry on as normal - click the things I need to or use the controls - without ANY issues.

On the ground, when taxiing, I use the middle click to look around, then right click to cancel it.

Using EITHER of these is NOT a problem after one minutes practice.
Maybe someone can explain to me why people are saying they cannot quickly look around in the Fenix, when the A32NX has no issues like this, nor ANY other aircraft I have flown.

All aircraft have this problem, itā€™s not a problem with an aircraft, itā€™s the UI. I think the reason itā€™s such a problem is that it worked fine until SU5, which was over a year ago. The devs have addressed this in their update videos (albeit somewhat tangentially), and have stated things about fixing mouse interactions since the SU5 update, but have not fixed this seemingly minor issue.

It may be fine for you to middle click to look around, and weā€™ve all had to do that now, but IMO, it is faster, simpler, and more intuitive to use the right-click method. We canā€™t use that method now because it breaks all control input while you have the right click down (For what reason, nobody can fathom)

2 Likes

Itā€™s an workaround, not the solution. Saying itā€™s not a problem in a thread with almost 400 votes is kind of ignorant.

The middle mouse click is an toggle option, which means an constant unnecessary extra click for something so fundamental.

Holding the right mouse button was definitely a much more comfortable and better option, but it got broken a year ago while they made the sim X-Box compatibleā€¦ make of it what you will.

4 Likes

Yes, we know. Thatā€™s what this thread is for. Just carry on using them until it gets fixed ā€¦ thatā€™s why I voted for this when it first got posted, and commented back in Sep 21.

If I donā€™t find it a problem to use the workarounds, then neither should anyone else at this stage.
Yes, it would be great to get things back to where they were, but the difference is so negligible ā€¦

NOWHERE did I say that this issue is not a problem.
I said that itā€™s not a problem using the workarounds like we have been for over a year.
Calling me ignorant is going too far - just donā€™t attack people, and certainly not by misquoting them.

And? We have reported the problem, and are waiting for a solution.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if they still look at itā€¦ The longer they take the harder they will have to debug old SimUpdate to find whatā€™s the issue.

3 Likes

You know what to do! Please be here at the next Q&A and all post the same question about this to see what they say.

3 Likes

Another example of why this is such a big issue is during any low altitude, high speed racing. Iā€™m typically looking around (quickly) for landmarks. Itā€™s almost impossible to do any racing when I canā€™t control the aircraft while the right mouse button is held and the joystick controls have become frozen.

In fact, itā€™s so difficult to fly and look around I wont purchase the Reno Air Racing add-on until itā€™s fixed.

It used to work a year ago. Iā€™m just curious as to when it will work again.

3 Likes

You shouldnā€™t have to pay to fix this, but for those with some money to burn I can recommend the Tobii 5 eye tracker. It side steps this issue very well but is a few hundred pounds. That said I canā€™t ever see myself flying without it now, and was money well spent.

So use the middle mouse click workaround?

1 Like