(Freeware add-on no google imagery used) River Thames London fixes for default London

Here’s a couple of screenshots just need to fix a few more things and then first release build will get shared.
Have fixed all the river height glitches and uncovered tons of features hidden below the surface definitely gives the area a bit more life and looks more real especially from a few hundred feet above.

Latest update 2.2:

This works with and without the Orbx London city pack and with the Orbx EGLC add-on.

*There is a separate file in the zip file for use with Orbx EGLC airport add-on, had to do this due to patches in the water around the runways, because objects were removed from the water in the EGLC add-on.

If you have EGLC combined with either the default or London city pack you should add the “thameswater for Orbx EGLC add-on” file to the community folder only and delete the other. Do not add both to the community folder or neither will show up in the sim.

If you don’t have the EGLC airport add on, then add the file “thameswater for default&londoncitypack” to the community folder and delete the other. Do not add both to the community folder or neither will show up in the sim.*

Sorry it makes it more complicated but have no choice due to green patches showing in water around the runways in the eglc addon due to objects in water being removed.

UPDATE NOTES:
-added separate file for those using the Orbx EGLC airport add-on
-(big update) uncovered beaches along the Thames river through London.
-fixed one bit of terrain causing a floating building.
-tidied up a few bit of terrain.
-uncovered few more objects on the water.
-added more cargo containers at dock yards.

Follow me on twitter to never miss an update: https://twitter.com/DlmoRag

For best results those using orbx london city pack to have it combined with my add-on
follow the file path shown in the below screenshot.

Once you locate and open the xml in notepad, locate

copy, delete and paste the above package, below where the London city pack is.
Now when you load up the orbx buildings will be placed on the fixed terrain from my add-on.

If it doesn’t look as per my screenshot don’t click save when you exit the xml file.
( I am not responsible if anyone was to mess up their xml file if your not sure what to do then best to leave be.)
Orbx have devs looking at my add-on so who knows maybe eventually you wont have to do this.

53 Likes

Nice keep up the good work

3 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

Really nice

1 Like

Awesome work mate

1 Like

London how it should be innit :wink: nice work :+1:

1 Like

Great job.

1 Like

Beautiful, keep it up

1 Like

Awesome looking!

1 Like

Looks great! keep it up and let us know when it is ready so we can install it.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Distinguished Service Medal on the way to you

1 Like

Fantastic job! Thank you.

1 Like

Looks wonderful!

1 Like

C’est beau mais avec quelques nuages je pense que çà aurait été plus joli.

Nice :+1:t2:

Yeah don’t worry it’s cos I had it on manual weather with clear skies so everything showed up clearly while editing.

This may take a little longer than i planned as noticed some issue’s caused whilst unmasking things in the water.

After a few more fixes I think my edit to fix this river are good enough for first release.
Just gotta get things ready to share the file and made a small video to show it off a bit.

Looks good, Thanks