[Freeware] CYMX - Mirabel v1.0.0 and CTH3 - Grandes Bergeronnes v1.0

Good morning,

Some news from French-VFR (a group of french developers) and two airports localized in Quebec.

CYMX - Mirabel:
This airport near from MONTREAL was developped by D. Marier, JP Fillion and Lagaffe during 2018-2019 for FSX and P3D v4. In September 2020, I have decided to created from this stuff a native MSFS project and this one was published recently. It 's not finished, I have some details to add to realized my aim but it’s already usable.

All the main hangars and buildings have been faithfully reproduced:

The main points have been declared as POI:

A fictional hangar for a Quebec friend of mine:

CTH3- Les Grandes Bergeronnes v1.0:
It’s a little airport located near TADOUSSAC (ST Laurent river), where visitors can see whales and dolphins.

The only runway with the two hangars:

The Archaeological Center which is near of the runway and an eastern egg of mine (MSFS Calypso native)

This two addons are on French-VFR on MSFS Scenery tab: French-VFR - Downloads

Good trips !

7 Likes

@LagaffeVFR5476 I downloaded the 0.7 version, thanks for the work and details!

I presume the airport ground layout (taxiways etc) are still not all done because I see the aerial imagery only and some taxiway edge lights on the grass in some places (perhaps the default ones?)

This is the reason why the version is only 0.7. :sunglasses:
Currently, I finish my Canso PBY-5A and then I will finish this scenery.

Well, I’ve been forgotten! I also participated in the version of CYMX!

Hello Dominic,

My deepest apologies Dominic, I actually didn’t see this post until this morning and indeed I made a big mistake but I assume it.
I’m going to correct the files in the CYMX-Mirabel archive right now to reallocate everyone’s work.
I’ll take this opportunity to add a few excludes for generic hangars and trees that appeared in the last Asobo update. So version 1.0.0 will be put back online to correct this state.

Sorry again for my big mistake.

PS: a simple e-mail would have allowed me to rectify this very quickly, as I very rarely go over my old posts.

CYMX-Mirabel Version 1.0.0 of June 19, 2023:

Since the last MSFS updates, new generic hangars and buildings which have appear in the last version, have been causing artifacts. To solve this, I’ve just created a little update (lgf-cymx-update.bgl) that removes these duplicates things.
Thanks to R. Lavoie who signals theses problems.

The mesh has also been changed so some objets are now above the ground : rocks on ICAR circuit input.

I also did some terraforming to improve areas of the terrain that could have benefited from it, such as this former service car passageway near the ICAR circuit, which is now disused but still exists in this area.
Works in DEV Mod:

The result with a scenic element to complete the reality :

I plan to review all this to create a version 2 that will take these problems into account.

1 Like

Merci pour la 1.0 :slight_smile:

Hi,
I continue to develop this scene by taking over all the buildings and shelters that had been simply worn from the FSX version, detailing them and adding PBR textures.

In early July, I did a lot of work on the ICAR circuit using the ground poly that I had developed for FSX by transforming them into “Projected Mesh” for use on MSFS. The current rendering of the circuit is significantly improved.
An animated parachutist training in free fall is being tested to animate the Aerodium which is between the ICAR circuit and the runways still in activity (near the old bridge that was recreated)

2 Likes

Looking forward to the new version!

About CYMX / CHT3 but lately I’m very busy on a payware project I’m working on for Golden Age Simulation. This is a Stearman PT-17.

The dates are a bit tight and all my other projects were put in standbye. As soon as I have delivered the version, I could get back to my projects. I want to finish CYMX and bring in this projet all knowledge that I have acquired sing 2020. I have a lot of details to add !

I have always been in the habit of making all the elements that I insert into my scenes myself and not using external libraries made by others. The creation as I conceive it, is to realize oneself the work, and not to use that of others to raise the level of my work.

Unfortunately, it takes much more time but it is much more rewarding in the end.

Thank you for your understanding.

I have this Montreal scene, and thank you. Very nice.

Quick question: Is there any way to add back the terminal building at CYMX Mirabel?
The one that was demolished in 2016?

As for CYMX-Mirabel, the whole is more than 25 km² and so it is not a small scene.

I started in May-June this year important work on this stage and especially on the Icar field (mesh projected, creation of barriers following the exact elevation, vehicles, etc.).

To make another version by removing all this work already in progress and putting back the old terminal is a very big job that I do not envisage. I prefer to go to the end of what I set myself as my initial goal and to do it as best as possible.

Hello – thank you for making this scenery. Would it be possible to have a version without any of the static aircraft at the cargo ramp? There are only two open spots, it would be very nice for online flying and for those who use AI traffic/don’t like static aircraft to have all of the spots usable.

Following your request, I reviewed again my source files that I could not consult for more than 6 months.
First, are you sure to have downloaded and installed my last version of CYMX ?
You can find a Changelog at the root folder named “Version 1.0.0.txt” and also a “Lisez-moi_CYMX_2020.txt” file.

All elements are in separated bgls files ands have explicit names.
If you go in CYMX-mirabel-2020\scenery\world\scenery you will find two files as:

• lgf-cymx-aircraft-statics-location.bgl
  • jpfil-cymx-aircraft-locations.bgl
    Rename theses files as *.old and you will not have any more statics aircraft.

In August’23, I have developed a new version v1.5.0 that was not released. I use it for my own tests. This version don’t have statics aircraft.

I just updated the link on on French-VFR - Downloads and it is version 1.5.0 that is now available.

This version is based entirely on the possibilities of the MSFS SDK and was built taking into account the new functions available:

• Slopes, even if this causes problems for the installation of sheds and fences because of the differences in elevation;
  • Conservation of small streams that are part of the actual scene landscape;
  • Various animations, particularly on air conditioning fans and peronnages (ICAR);
  • Addition of projected textures on ICAR surfaces;
  • Precise modelling of certain areas by terraforming for underground passages (see pictures above);
  • Parking are free to be fully used by you or by the aircraft of your AI traffic, FSLTL is fully compatible.

Some hangars and buildings are missing in this new version because they were created by two other developers who no longer participate in this project.
These hangars and buildings will be re-created by French-VFR in the coming weeks and the version will continue to evolve.

[Edit] This scenery has been renamed CYMX-2024. Today, two buildings have been remodelled entirely and textured with PBR. You can find on French-VFR a new v1.6.0.
I planned to update one building per week so CYMX-2024 should be achived before summer.

Thanks to follow this project :sunglasses:.

1 Like