[Freeware] EDDS Stuttgart Airport Work in Progress (Missing Airport) Community Project

Guys, please stopp posting ilegal google portations in our posting.
We DO NOT use google portations and we distance us from all postings here with pictures from google portations.

This guys are not working with us on the official EDDS Scenery Team.

1 Like

Guys, I installed this on STEAM. I did exactly what you described with the gravity-edds folder but still the airport is NOT installed. Do I need to tell the MSFS 2020 somewhere to load it? What am I doing wrong?

please show us the folder inside your community folder and its contents for further review

I am too stupid to add a screenshot. How does it work here? Do I need to be registered?

(tried copy-paste)

MSFS EDDS Airport Version 0.1b hotfix release:

Download: https://github.com/gravity-EDDS/EDDS-freeware-releases
Changelog: https://github.com/gravity-EDDS/EDDS-freeware-releases/releases/tag/0.1b

1 Like

Small Preview for version 0.2

19 Likes

Looks great. Thanks for your effort

looks good!
I noticed on screenshot 4 that you’re using painted lines for the parking spots?
On “Scenery” if you search for “car” one of the bottom ones is parking spot lines that aren’t as “thick”

Yes, but they’re not in the right size/constitute for this area

ahh that makes sense :slight_smile:

Hi, me again.
See post above. I did copy the files as mentioned. Tried again with the 01b files. Didn´t work.
PLEASE HELP!

In case you were an Alpha Tester, maybe you copied the files into the remaining Community folder of your Alpha Install - is that possible?

No, I wasn´t.
Question: do I need to copy the whole folder “edds…” or just the files in it?
Why are things so difiicult?
Btw, thanks for support so far.
UPDATE: without the “folder” still not working.
Can anyone just describe this more deeply or make screenshots for stupid people like me?

The relevant folder is the “gravity-edds” folder. This has to be copied into the “…\Packages\Community” folder.
So it looks like “…\Packages\Community\gravity-edds” in the end.

But not in AppData\Roaming (!), …AppData\Local is the right path.

It has to be like
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Hope this helps.

In Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache is a UserCfg.opt file, open it with notepad or whatever texteditor you use.

At the bottom of the file you’ll see: InstalledPackagesPath “*******:\Microsoft Flight Simulator” this is your data folder with Cache Community Official folders

it has to look like this:

send a screenshot of the “\Community” folder.
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

It depends on where his data folder is located. My data folder is installed at D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community

Thats why I posted the Usercfg.opt link to be sure where his data folder is located.

Danke Jungs!! Endlich jemand, der das Problem löst😀
Ich hab zwar keine Ahnung davon, aber wenn ihr noch Hilfe brauchen solltet bin ich auf jeden Fall dabei!:+1:

1 Like

Hi guys, I owe you some beers!
I found the corresponding folder (which was on D in my case).

Anyway, it WORKED. So glad to be “back home”.
What an AWESOME community here!

Danke Jungs!

1 Like

The donation link is above. If you need a hint: :ghost:

So viel kostet das Bier auf dem Oktoberfest 2019

Demnach kostet eine Maß Festbier zwischen 10,80 Euro und 11,80 Euro. Das sind durchschnittlich 3,11 Prozent mehr als im Vorjahr. 2018 reichte die Preisspanne von 10,70 Euro bis 11,50 Euro