Freeware - EGOV RAF Valley Upgrade

Here’s RAF Valley with custom buildings by Skell300 and the remaining bits and bobs by myself.

All ground textures have been blasted. A mountain of detail has been added all over. The scrappy building works have been covered up. Visiting aircraft models have been thrown at it. A new taxi system gives a better reflection of reality.

Now go Mach Looping.

7 Likes

Brilliant scenery, thanks a lot!
One question: is the ILS for runway 13 modelled?

I’m totally useless with the navigation stuff so leave it well alone. If it wasn’t in the sim originally then it won’t be here.

I do recall some other users saying the ILS was misaligned and it might have been this runway.

There is a new ILS tool in the developer kit that’s more logical, so I’m willing to have a fiddle but you’re in charge of testing it.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry for asking a question I could very well have answered myself:

I flew the Loop a while ago and landed at EGOV Rw 13, using the ILS. It works perfectly. And yes, the Loc is 3 deg offset - by design.

Will upload a clip later to showcase EGOV (and my Mach Loop skills, of course :grin:)

Great work thanks.
Only problem I came across was when night flying I found little or no taxiway center line lights?

There aren’t any in reality, it’s only on the side. I’d prefer them too but we’d be beaten up by purists.

I presume pilots might be wearing NVGs and I don’t know if any commercial flights do night operations.

There’s just the two schedule flights a day, weekdays only, Eastern Airways going solely to Cardiff. These come and go around 9am and 5pm. I don’t believe there is any other civilian traffic.

I stay in Rhosneigr pretty frequently, I don’t recall any RAF night traffic either.

RAF Valley is by far my favourite airport in MSFS, coincidentally I’ve just flown there from Manchester and I fly in and out of it every few days. Your work (and Skell300’s) is consistently excellent. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I think there may have been there back in the day. Used to go spotting there as a child in the mis to late 60s and have vague memory of all the the bright runway lights :slight_smile:

Will EGOV ever be availiable on Xbox?

We would need to be accepted as commercial developers on the marketplace to be able to get it on Xbox, which there are no plans for.

The next best hope is a scenery gateway system that doesn’t exist yet. If it does I’ll do a version and submit it.

I expect we’ll only be able to use stock assets but there’s still plenty of room to improve it over the original version.

1 Like

Thank you for the very swift response.
Its a shame that the powers that be dont allow free ware for the xbox as there are are growing number of us over in console land that are into our military aviation but we have a total lack of military bases to add to our experience.
As far as im aware there is only Travis AFB available at the present time.
Personally id like to see a few UK bases added EGOV, EGUL and EGUN for example.

Thank you for your time its much appreciated o7

2 Likes