[Freeware] FAMET Colmenar Viejo (LECV)

FAMET Colmenar Viejo (LECV), named Coronel Maté base, is the Spanish Army Helicopter Forces HQ located 30 km to the north of Madrid. This base is currently not existing in game. It´s the homebase of several helicopter units, including the iconic Chinooks from BHELTRA V, and a major logistics base. It´s also Army’s helicopter school (ACAVIET) and includes a museum with several preserved units placed along the base.

The addon uses generic assets as I´m not a 3D designer so take it as it is because I just wanted to add the missing airport to game. It also includes a basic landing zone at the nearby San Pedro logistics base, featuring its helipad and a yard, which is a boneyard as of today. You can use both for short hauls as they are quite close to the FAMET base.

I have tried to replicate the real base layout as much as possible using the info and pictures I found but indeed the base has changed a lot during the past years. Also the usage of no third party assets added some constraints so I took a few artistic licences to make it enjoyable and handy as well but following the latest official charts which are published.

Complete features list of the addon is the following:

• Accurate representation of base layout and its key areas, such as flight academy, museum and military vehicles parkings. Several preserved assets monuments included along the base. In real life base contains several helicopters, a jeep and an AA gun.

• Google satellite textures for the area (currently blurried in game).

• Complete apron, parking and FATO1 and FATO2 areas included with one TLOF (helipad) on each FATO, according to the latest airport charts. A, B and E taxiways are included too. All areas include lights and taxiway signs to ease ground movements.

• Sloped aprons and Chinooks hangar apron extension with hangar extra floor and access ramp.

• Open hangar with parking position inside.

• FATO1 (runway 04-22) has PAPI and approach lights for runway 03 and west TLOF only.

• FATO2 (runway 34-16) is indeed just the TLOF area and it includes PAPI and approach lights. Runway 16 is a really challenging downhill approach to be performed at low altitude and is full of obstacles near the landing area, such as the NDB and weather antennas.

• Fuel box and ground services included as well to take advantage of all game features. In real base they just use a fuel truck.

• Multiple small details added such as static helicopters, marshallers, working crews and decoration.

• Additional helipad and vehicles yard (which is currently a boneyard in real life) are included at nearby San Pedro Logistics base, which can be used for short hauls from or to Colmenar base.

Airport does not include any custom approach, as most operations are visual or are supported by nearby Colmenar VOR. You can find the official charts here, searching for LECV: AIP España

Note: due to periodic magnetic variations the runway markings have also changed over the past years. Addon reproduces the current runway assignment the real airport has as of today, using therefore runway 04-22 markings.

The addon requires official game content only. Therefore you need to install the world updates and the 40th anniversary addons.

You can download the addon here:

I hope you like it.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hello. Addon testing is over now and the initial version is ready. I have updated the first post to include the details and download link.

Enjoy it :blush:

Cheers