[Freeware] [WIP] Lelystad Airport (EHLE) - Update 15/08/2021

I have been developing a Lelystad Airport scenery for quite a while and the process is taking longer than I anticipated. I know people have been waiting patiently for me to finish the scenery, so I wanted to give something back and release an interim beta version of the scenery (not completed by any means) for enthusiasts to enjoy.

The airport has been released as a work-in-progress:

Newest update [15/08/2021]

Version 0.8.9 is latest, with the following changes:

Updated features:

• Combined H-apron into one model
  • Adjusted texture size for lines/markings terminal apron
  • Adjusted light intensity for tower beacon and apron lights
  • Added interior details to the tower
  • Added various L-apron meshes and details
  • Added interior lighting in the terminal
  • Added various street lighting
  • Added Aviodrome entry aesthetic taxilights
  • Completely rebuilt the new terminal with accurate doorways and details
  • Added a new concrete tile material instead of mesh for the L-Apron
  • Airside security booth added
  • Fixed pink textures (I hope)
  • Added several materials for use with aprons/surfaces

Issues:

• Light intensity of various lights needs to be adjusted.
  • Haven’t figured out LODs for the visual pattern markers or other objects yet. They somehow also default to pink when zoomed out. LODs have finally been documented properly and I’ll be working on that soon.
  • The taxiway lines and markings have a weird pink edge that I’m guessing is part of the overall texture/LOD debacle with the SU5 update. I can also not edit this scenery object without crashing FS and/or my PC, but it’s high on my priority list once the issues are fixed.
  • You might see some random trees scattered over the airfield. I have absolutely no idea where they suddenly appeared from, but I’m not the only one with this issue, so I’m again assuming it’s part of the SU5 thing.

Planned work:

• Taxiway/runway signage
  • New terminal building details
  • Detail work (small objects like benches, trees, vehicles, etc.)

The airport is coming along nicely! Only a handful of buildings are left.

A very special thanks to users Garfield and Vlammetje for providing textures and/or assests I’ve used in this rendition! Garfield has really added an extra dimension with his texturing skills, and I’m forever grateful to Vlammetje for facilitating a real-world tour of the airport. Flight Simulator Forums user PoorlyMaple (aka Emile) provided me with base textures for two Aviodrome aircraft, so a big thanks to him as well!

The airport is coming along nicely! Only a handful of buildings are left.

Garfield has really done a great job on the buildings around the F-Apron and others:

• Wings over Holland
  • Nimbus
  • Rotors and Wings
  • KLM Aeroclub
  • HeliCentre (East)
  • Vliegclub Flevo
  • Dura Vermeer/JetSupport
  • AIS Flight Academy
  • HeliCenter
27 Likes

awesome!! the sneak preview looks very good! Looking forward to the end result.

2 Likes

Awesome. (Kom maar op!) Lelystad, Eindhoven, and if I am right someone else is working on another Dutch Airport.

2 Likes

Ooh nice! This is the aiport where I learned my basics, can’t wait to fly circuits!

2 Likes

There’s an Ameland in the works, screenshots were posted here recently.

2 Likes

Cool! If you want us to test it out, feel free to share it!

1 Like

Don’t forget Aviodome! :smiley:

5 Likes

Awesome project!

1 Like

Amazing!! beautifull details on the main airport building with the control tower!

1 Like

Thank you all for the comments. I’ve decided to add Aviodrome as well, stay tuned for updates!

Also, if anyone has experience with texturing and wants to help send me a message! Help is appreciated!

1 Like

Looking like the thing!
Are you also including the old Schiphol terminal?

Oh da mn looks good!

Well done!

Looks great :slight_smile:

Als je dan toch bezig bent doe dan ook even heel Lelystad met de hand.
While you’re at it, do all of Lelystad by hand.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Looks great, how did you light out the tower? I am learning the SDK, but could not find a way to do that.

Those lights are default scenery objects (light_cool I believe). Just make sure to uncheck snap to ground to adjust the light.

1 Like

Such cheat, meanwhile I’m using aprons “trying” to shape the taxiways NotLikeThis.
Feels like I should learn some modeling lol!

Huh, what do you mean? Why would you want to use aprons to shape/model taxiways?

Its really the only thing that you can use with in-game tools to shape stuff (also more options than polygons), it might be called “apron” but it is used for more than just an apron. For example, there are 2 aprons underneath my runway (gray and white) and the taxiway connected to it is also an apron, as the default “draw surface” of the taxiway path is just too limited, especially if you have wide corners but the actual taxiway line (path) is a sharp corner.

(also the decals, like dirt and tiregum are also aprons on top of everything else)

1 Like

Aha, well I think on EHLE he’s using a projected mesh. Still don’t really understand why you would call that a cheat. Everybody uses their own expertise, nothing wrong with that! Both your airports are great projects for it anyway.