[Freeware] [Work-In-Progress] Kern Valley Airport (L05), California

Kern Valley Airport (L05) was one of my favorite small airfield in FSx/P3D. Nor only because of the great rendition by Orbx but also because the area was stunning: Isabella lake, Kern river, the south of the Sierra Nevada mountains, the runway into the valley. It’s also a pilot’s challenge due to the high altitude + high temperature. Did I mention the wind also?

If you want to support the “dev”, click “I want this too!” on Sceneries Requests - L05 Kern Valley - Flightsim.to

As with my previous freeware Agua Dulce, I want to do my best, to recreate the ambiance that I had with FSx/P3D of a iconic general aviation airfield. This traction on some icone GA airport, led me in the real world to land here with a rented C172. And I remember saying in the downwind “As in Flight Simulator” :wink:

PS: don’t pay attention to buildings in the background of the screenshots, I use them during the dev. The Huey is a freeware from flightsim.to

10 Likes

Love your stuff buddy. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Finally!
This is one of those very fun airports to visit.
Thank You

1 Like

Are you ready for the Campground? And to tiedown your plane to cables on the main ramp?

If you want to support the developpment, just click “I want this too” here: L05 Kern Valley | Requested by piermat | Flightsim.to

1 Like

Approaching quietly to the release. Let’s test the pattern:

1 Like

2 Likes

Released! Enjoy: Kern Valley Airport (L05) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like