Freezing loading screen

Hello,

I just installed a brand new 3070ti into my pc and now sometimes my sim seems to freeze as it loading up the flight. It always gets stuck with a little bit of black left on the screen from the fade over. All of my drivers are up to date, I’m running on Ryzen 7 2700x, 700w PSU and 16gb of RAM, according to other websites they say that is plenty to support the card. The only other thing I can think of is if the latest world update may have broken this. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Yes I have had flight sim since day one and all of a sudden at the beginning of the year I’ve had this issue and hasn’t been resolved

the OP fixed its issues already, he just not report back.

Can you tell more about your issue ? What happens exactly… infos like what you tried ( e.g. removal of mods ) , etc… ? I assume you not also installed new hardware , or ?

Ok when loading up a flight it gets to 80% and freeze’s all mods are off

ok… so , first you should check whether its happens on all airports ( try different one in different regions ) and may be different airplanes.

Also all “mods Off” doesnt mean, that all the files are removed which these mods created outside of community folder ( in special the FBW and workingtitle mods ). And mods like google-maps-replacments changed also windows hosts file, just in case you had this former installed.

For some users it was helpfull to remove some “cache” files ore the content.xml file.

I did have the Google maps at one time but I’m not exactly sure how to switch it back

oh oh… :grin:

I link an existing post. Can you check that ?

The content of that file should normaly be empty ( or only line which starts with a “#” char ).

I did look at that I didn’t see anything, but I don’t know if this helps but I did just get done with a reinstall

A reinstall can fix issues with e.g. game data etc., but the worst thing with these google-add-on was, that a game-reinstall of course not change a windows system file ( what the add-on done ). But if the file is empty, then all is fine at this side.

Was the reinstall of the game helpfull to fix your issue ?

No the issue still haunt’s me like a bad ghost

hmmm… depend on how to reinstall, may be not all files are removed ( this one I meant in former post )

can you delete these folder ?

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

Also there should be the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC in one of these folders, and the Content.xml file… also remove these…

( in case you own Steam the folder is instead : C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator )

The problem is still there

I never really fixed the issue it just started loading again but ive been watching for it

I did only notice this issue when loading PMDG or the 777

Ok I figured out the the simulator is starving for internet but it’s not using its full potential that I have coming into my house I have pulled up websites and I get full internet when I pull up the graph but when I am using flight simulator it’s starving for it I don’t know how to get my simulator to get all of the internet potential is there something I can do to fix this rolling Cash is on cleared it net limiter is off and set to unlimited

but these screenshot of hosts file shows exactly what the host file NOT should contain, what these google-maps plugin added ! :slight_smile:

Please remove these two lines starting with 127.0.0.1 .

As former mentioned, you can also simple remove the hosts file and restart PC. And then have fun with MSFS :slight_smile:

Here goes nothing

if the hosts file is now empty and you still hang at around 80% (looks more 55% :wink: ), you can try test-cases with disabling anti-virus solution ( which one you own ? )

EDIT: and I forgot… did you tried already different airports to load into a flight ?