French Riveria Cruising (World Update IV)

The French Riveria is somewhere I have always wanted to visit but never had the chance, so was excited to check it out in MSFS following WU4! I’d previously flown down from Megève to Marseille in the Carenado Mooney, but suffered a CTD on final approach into LFML.

I rebooted the sim and continued my planned route, departing Marseille again and tracking east over the beautiful city center, around the stunning mountainous headland, then along the coast towards Toulon, St Tropez, Cannes, and Nice, looping around Monaco before returning to land at LFMN.

Merci! :fr:

9 Likes

Excellent photos. I have been to all those place IRL and love them! I recently flew over the area myself in MSFS!

I hope you get to visit them some time, they really are marvelous places to visit!

Memories I will never forget.

1 Like

belles photos (nice shots)! bravo!

2 Likes

Great pics. I have flown around that area but near Hyeres, including the islands, the views are terrible. Same as before the WU4, basically no satellite imagery but just default textures, I guess because of clouds on the original satellite images. Did you also experience that?

1 Like

Yes I found the same unfortunately. My flight plan went off shore to check out both Îles d’Hyères and Île du Levant but appear to be one of the few areas that did not get Bing photoreal coverage. The port of Toulon suffers from the same fate as well, perhaps it will get fixed in future world or sim updates?

Hi,
Actually every military land looks like that in France : hyères le palyvestre navy airbase, Toulon arsenal…