Fresh Install Windows & FS2020 CTD

Can Asobo please look into this, l`ve tried everything even reinstalled game services… and still nothing.

Thx

1 Like

i will second that

Hi there, let me describe what’s going on on my computer; when I try to fly out of some locations, like parts of Europe, as it loads the location and plane and almost done, it suddenly quits to desktop. But if I pick a USA location like KLAX, it loads fine. I know it’s a pain to try this, try that, but you may want to give it a try. :slight_smile: I don’t think it’s a Windows problem, seem to me it’s something Asobo has to fix.

Thanks but now l have the problem not getting into the sim, thats the issue some people are having…
Yes l did have that problem a while a go when i use to zoom into an airport it would freeze then would CTD.
But now due to the fact l have had to reformat my HD and reinstall my sim it wont get past 80% when trying to load to the main menu. So no sim for me LOL

Thanks anyway

I am convinced that the Achilles heel in this sim is the loading of scenery over the Asobo servers. Certain congested areas with scenery, have the CTDs, especially when you are approaching that area. Today I stuck to small cities and airports, and had 8 flights with zero problems. Prior to that, flew into KMSP, twice and had a CTD each time, when approaching the airport from around 30 miles or less. Same thing happens when you start a flight from a large airport within a large city like London for instance.

Sorry to hear that. A few day ago I kept getting stuck trying to get to the main menu also, but it turned out the XBOX? server was down. Took a few hours for them to fix it. In any case, good luck.

Thank you so much… Hope so hope they fix it its been a few days now.

Paul

Thanks River. You probably already know this, but once you’re signed in and on the main menu, if you click on your user name (upper right corner) under SERVERS you can manually select a different one from AUTOMATIC. May or may not help. :slight_smile:

l think the servers are multiplayer only. Could be wrong…
Thx

Your specs are similar to mine, you need a minimum of 64GB of RAM for MSFS2020 with an RTX3090. OperatorLand468 Is probably hitting close to the mark as well. I was having a less than great experience with 32gb and an rtx3090. Windows made a huge page file. 26gb, close to what was suggested, and I would have constant stutters. The only other issue I had that would cause a lot of CTD’s was caused by outdated VCredist. The latest supported Visual C++ downloads The latest x86 and x64 Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. To update properly, uninstall those two in the control panel. Restart, reinstall the latest version, restart again. Best of luck. Also have a look in your Event Viewer, see whats causing this if possible

l was running with 32 gig memory… But regardless still cant get to the menu LOL…
Have to try xplane, Need to fly lol.

Thanks guys

1 Like

That isn’t rue, many people are running MSFS 2020 with 16 GB of ram with no problems.

l believe recommended for best experience was 32 gig… but 16 gig was fine.

Not with an RTX 3090. It has 24GB Vram, you need the ram to load that up

Just did a clean windows install with new drivers at the moment downloading MS2020 only 149GB to go will see how it goes

a big lie ;)… overall 32 GIG are necessary :wink:

But, back to the issue…

you tried a lot in meanwhile and allways completly re-installed windows.
Thus, to be sure:

• you need English Lang Pack United States, installed ?
  • checked MS Store for all updates ?
  • beside of GPU drivers, are also mainboard drivers are installed / updated ?
  • special sound card drivers ?
  • is the application added into anti-virus exclusion list ?
  • exist some special hardware ? wireless ?

LOL yes to all…
l`m trying something else will see if it works…

Thanks

hmmm… the only ideas for the moment are then to start MSFS with disconnected decives , try to stop windows audio service while MSFS starts, or if we assume MFSF loaded a former setting from cloud try to remove the local usercfg and start offline… But all of these is a bit… strange :joy:

EDIT: and possible you can try -FastLaunch… showing these useless startup video should not made a difference, but who knows

Thanks for that try most of what u said and nothing… l`m hoping the flightsim update might fix it this week if it gets released.

Thanks again Oh what is fast launch, how would l do this

These Startoption skip these first video . I have have this since,… since I know that this param exist. It is easy do set with Steam , but MS-Store app… I think you have to start then from a shell command…

Let me search… I think I have seen this within a FAQ…

ah… in the Black-Screen FAQ … LOL :rofl:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015999539-Loading-issues-stuck-on-loading-screen-long-loading-times-stuck-on-black-screen-etc-

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch