From Dusk till Dawn

Hi there,
Is there anyone else here who considers the red skies in MSFS exaggerated?
I just did a live weather flight near my hometown and while the real sky looked just glooming blueish-grey, the sky in the sim was a glowing-red volcano eruption-style sunset scenario. It looked interesting but had nothing to do with reality. Here in my hometown, we occasionally get red sunsets but its not what happens on a daily basis.
Im curious what you think about that…?

1 Like

I think the sunsets look pretty realistic from the air, along with the bright, moonlit nights. I’ve flown many sunsets in reality and they’re brilliant at cruise. I didn’t like the permanent post-sunset red sky though, but I thought they got rid of that.

Maybe search the forum for “sunset” and you’ll find lots of peeps that would probably agree with you. :slight_smile:

Just a cursive observation, I don’t claim to have a deep understanding of the inner workings of MSFS weather system. But I remember from FSX days, using a third party weather engine. Their way of delivering “live weather” basically just retrieved general atmospheric information like winds, cloud coverage (in percentages), barometric pressure, of course temperature and time of day, moisture/precipitation. Then built a weather scenario, and offered matching sunrises and sunsets based on various world regions. I don’t know how a simulated weather generator could interpret specific color schemes that real-time weather produces. Personally, when I gaze at the sky’s awesome colors and how each sunrise or sunset is totally a new work of art, I think about how awesome a Creator could accomplish it. And how every 20 seconds or so, the hues change. I love my flight sim, but it does have its limitations. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m sorry, but this has to be said… Did anyone else see this thread title and immediately think of Santanico Pandemonium and her Burmese Python?

2 Likes

Right off the bat :rofl::beers:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.