FS 40th anniversary - what unannounced will be included?

Well, there may still be a famous flyer dropping at the same time - they only by now talked about the package itself :slight_smile: so still there is room for speculation :wink:

You all forget the aircraft which truly revolutionized air travel:

Curtis Jenny - Developed and used as trainers during WWI, they later became the backbone of civil aviation in the US, igniting commercial (non-military) usage of airplanes when transporting airmail across large distances.

Sikorsky S-42, Martin M-130 and ultimately the Boeing 314 - These flying boats were used to either expand passenger service to areas missing transport infrastructure and later to transport passengers in luxury, competing with the at the time common means of long range transport: steam ships.

These planes not only shortened long range travel times for passengers, they also carried necessary spare parts for machines, needed medical supplies and, of course, mail.

Boeing 707 - The second jet airliner worldwide, kickstarted post-war passenger services and introduced long-range routes.

Bell X-1 - First plane build and used to deliberately go supersonic.

Learjet 24 - First business jet developed and certified under FAR. Cornerstone for a all coming business jets.

Boeing 747 - First wide body airliner. Designed to combat congestions at airports it became the iconic airliner associated with modern air travel.

1 Like

I didnt even see this - thanks for posting the link… Looks like I wasnt too far off! I am excited to see what they do. All the issues (most self induced) aside, I still have a ton of fun with this, and am thankful that they keep supporting it with updates.

1 Like

Here is a link for a list of aircraft at the various Smithsonian sites. Which one of the many amazing aircraft could be added to the sim???

Personally I’d love to see: Wait too many to choose from… :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

I doubt Camel is any more of a problem than the Nieuport 17 already on the marketplace. That being said, it would be nice to see the Camel simply because that might behoove Asobo to add blip switch in the control options.

(How well does MSFS support rotaries anyway? I tried the Fokker triplane mod which was nothing like a rotary engine fighter, but that might be intentional since it’s stated to be based on a replica. Never tried the Bleirot or Nieuport paywares.)

1 Like

Oh yes :slight_smile: And for the sake of fond memories also an „FPS limiter“ that limits the fps to <= 5.

:wink:

2 Likes

The Piper Cherokee from FS2 should be included!

1 Like

All you helicopter fans you know it’s coming and you’re going to love hating it … here’s to you plucky Robertson!

IIRC the Nieuport 17 is modeled to look like a rotary engine but behaves like a radial (which apparently is what you usually get in IRL ones that are still running / restored, though). So no extra gyroscopic effects from the heavier spinning motor…

I’d love to see my two of my favourite aircraft make a high-quality return to the game, both being right up the alley of recent FF / LL releases:

• De Havilland DH.88 Comet: a legendary racing aircraft.
  • Grumman G-21 Goose: an aircraft which can do truly everything, looks great - and piloted by no other than Baloo.

How big would the stack of floppies be? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Would that be a LS8-18?
DG, formerly Rolladen Schneider

While we’re at it, why not the Galaxy Quest shuttle? (One of the ugliest pieces of sci-fi technology ever)

I’d absolutely love a Jenny in MSFS to do a bit of barnstorming and to fly the old mail routes. Gimme all the old biplanes!

Likely, I just copied the official text :wink:

Sopwith Camel or Learjet would be a good throwback.

If we’re on wishlists - B17. Study level please :smile:

Or the Jet Viper from Caprica (BSG). :wink:

1 Like

I’ll take a Tiger Moth thank you!

1 Like

I’d like to see the Lear 45 make a comeback. Theres already a glut/excellent selection of GA props, but biz jets are a bit neglected.

1 Like

Hopefully Santos Dumont’s 14 Bis will be added.