FS Academy Jetliner not marking missions complete?

Hi Just got the Jetliner missions from FS Academy its great but when I complete the first 2 missions, its not recording them as complete and still show 0% complete in the Activities menu?

1 Like

None of the FS Academy missions get a completion status. In some the instructor voice says you just need press ESC key to return to menu when you are done. This is fine as it allows you to freely fly after completion but I donĀ“t like it as well cause you donĀ“t know if you already played the missions or not as all remain at 0% as you explain.

Cheers

2 Likes

Ok thanks for confirming.

Hi there,

Please find all the support info you need here:
www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-jetliner

How do I get past lesson 1? The pilot log screen comes up and ā€œContinueā€ results in just sitting at position A2 forever with nothing happening. Likewise, going back to Main Menu does not offer a way to get to lesson 2? Is Escape tthe way to move on?

Hi there, MSFS ā€˜Continueā€™ means continue the CURRENT mission (ie mission 1).

To progress, return to menu and launch 2, as you did to start 1.

There used to be a Next Lesson button, but Asobo removed this for SU5 IIRC.

Unfortunately, going back to main menu/activities/bush flights only shows one option: Jetliner Lesson 1 0% completed. There is no recognition of completing Lesson 1 and I have no menu or option to select or activate Lesson 2.

Okay ā€“ Iā€™m an idiot! I did not notice the slide bar to the right in the menu allowing me to find lessons beyond #1. On to lesson #2ā€¦

However, the menu nonetheless shows lesson #1 as ā€œ0% completedā€.?

While Iā€™m flying in the FS Academy Jetliner Tutorial, the aircraft is going up and down like a roller coaster. But since the instructor has control of the aircraft it should be flying level. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi,

Please see the linked support page, which discusses the completion statistic.

wwe.fsacademy.co.uk/support-jetliner

The latest fix 1.5.1 fixed the lesson 1 issue, thanks for that. I still have trouble progressing in mission 3 and 4.

Mission 3 fails because the stock Asobo A320 autopilot does weird things. When speeding up while decending, the autopilot raises the nose and goes straight up. At some point beyond FL350 it starts to go down again until it hits FL300, then it goes up and so on and on.

So I skipped mission 3 for now and went on to mission 4. This one just displays ā€œReach FL350ā€ and thatā€™s that. Nothing happens beyond that, the plane starts at FL345 and slow creeps up to FL350 and then it goes straight forever.

I wonder if I am the only one with those issues. The missions are from OrbX, MSFS is latest stable version (no beta).

Hi there,

The latest version fixes the lesson 1 progression, but I am unable to replicate the FL340 issue on my system. Investigations are ongoing regarding that, all updates will be posted here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-jetliner

Best,
David

I was having the same problem: On first boot of the sim I would usually get the FL340, but after you explain Mach number I would never get the ATC prompt or the objective to slow down and the A320 would just keep cruising. I suspect it took too long to get to 340 and I overshot the trigger points. If I restarted the mission or went to main menu and then back into missions, I wouldnā€™t even get the initial welcome or complete the FL340, despite having reached the altitude.

On a hunch, I unplugged my Bravo throttle quadrant (that I wasnā€™t touching at start, but did use to turn the IAS knob). Mission completed just fine. So, could be related to something odd that the Bravo throttle is setting in the AP. Maybe try unplugging any AP or throttle controlling peripherals and see if that helps.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thatā€™s interesting, I have heard previously that Honeycomb controllers can cause issues like this. I only use the TCA joystick and have never been able to replicate this.

Iā€™ll try again w/o the Alpha connected but I use the Bravo as my throttle quadrant. I could try only with the TCA joystick but Iā€™d much prefer the Bravo with Airbus throttles.