FS Realistic was just released

That’s the one - I generally get a bit of sarcasm on landing…

I thought it was mine that was not working right.
When I have a Bad landing, I don’t want to hear it… I know it was bad.
When I have a good landing I NEED to hear it.
I feel good when I hear it. lol

1 Like

Yes, me too.

I’m guessing your landing skills are on a par with mine :rofl:

2 Likes

Sounds like it!

I treasure the one occasion he told me my landing was smooth and that was what the passengers were paying for (even though there was only one of them).

1 Like

It doesn’t work with Fenix, seems like! When outside, the sound and some of the textures are still from inside! Is there a fix for that?

How do people find the general turbulence settings works with inbuilt sim turbulence?
Do you have it on all the time, or only for certain planes, or turn it off and just use the sim turbulence?

I’m asking because I generally have it on, but was doing some STOL comparisons and noticed both the Savage Carbon and Savage Grraval both start vibrating like crazy once you go past 40 MP.

I haven’t noticed this with other planes, and didn’t notice it before with them, so suspect it’s related to their recent upgrades, probably the improved CFD implementation maybe, that isn’t playing nice with the FSR General Turbulence.

Can anyone else confirm?

Since the most recent sim updates, I believe the need for added turbulence has been decreased. I either cut it all the way off in FS Realistic or way down (under 10). If it’s turned up, the aircraft vibrates oddly and shakes in an unnatural way.

Seems so. Thanks for the confirmation.

1 Like

I noticed an odd behavior with the new Gravel updates. Plane shakes like the wings have fallen off. I have to turn it off now when flying them. Other planes seem normal.

1 Like

The DC Designs Harrier makes FSR completely freak out. Anyone else seen that?

It could be the General Turbulence doing it, as noted previously with the GG’s and some other planes.
Unless it’s one of the camera settings. Turn on debug mode to see which one (or ones) is/are the culprits? (nice addition by the dev too, very handy!)

I’ve now turned General Turbulence off globally, and just use the sim turbulence.
As @FlyingHigh1267 mentions above it’s much more realistic now and you don’t really need anything added to it now.

I think it was off but will check. When I was on the ground, the camera was moving forward and backward a LOT and really fast.

Yeah, it has issues like that with some settings, varies from plane to plane.
I had to turn another one off yesterday for the PC-21 which was full on sound stuck on when hotspawning. Forgotten already what it was, will have to check, but annoying.

Debug should identify it for you.

Having a pretty serious issue with this application. I’m running the latest version of MSFS and FSRealistic, DirectX 12, not on the AAU1 beta.

FSRealistic uses 30~40% of my GPU while it is running, and it slows everything on my machine to a crawl. This caused a really bad CTD while on Vatsim tonight.

I use AirManager and the TDS GTN750 on an external touch monitor when I fly. I also use three monitors for the sim display. I tried one-by-one removing pieces of my setup to see what was slowing my PC to a halt and dropping my AirManager frames to 5-9fps. Triple screens, GTN, and in-game settings all have zero affect on my AirManager and PC performance; its all buttery smooth.

The instant I relaunched FSRealistic, my computer slowed to a halt again, and my AirManager/TDS GTN 750 frames dropped to sub 10fps again. I checked my task manager at that point, and lo and behold, 35% GPU usage:

This is quite an unacceptable problem. FSR uses my GPU resources at this rate constantly while it is open. The only way I can fly in the sim is without this app running, which is a shame because I love it so much. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

For reference, I am running a one year old i7-12700kf and 3.5 year old RTX 2070 Super with 32gb of DDR5 RAM.

What happens if you press the master button to turn off all FSRealistic features? Does it make a difference to GPU use? There may only be one feature causing this.

I just did some testing to check FSR GPU use and mine varies between 3.5% to 4.9% max on a Ryzen 3700x 32GB RTX 2060 system. This is whether it’s turned on or off, in flight or not.

I’m guessing (could be wrong) this is purely due to the UI, which may be GPU rendered, which is becoming a common thing on desktop apps. The core functionality of FSR (audio file triggering) isn’t really GPU dependant if FSR is using audio files. It could be if it was using custom DSP code to render audio in real time. Even if it is, it’s not an onerous load on my system.

In any event, I think you have some conflict that causing it to go haywire. It sounds from your decsription that you have a fairly complex setup, and it’s quite possible there’s some metaphorical wires being crossed somewhere. If this only started happening recently I would think back to when it started acting up and try to figure out what changed on your system. Driver update, OS update, could be anything. But if something was working ok, then suddenly doesn’t, and the app hasn’t changed, it’s likely a new conflict from another app that has done it. It could be impacting resources FSR uses, which has resulted in it spiking in GPU, or some other issue.

A basic test is to uninstall/reinstall FSR just to verify that none of its files have become corrupted.
Then, trace what changed. Something had to. You could also try the opposite of what you did, keep FSR on and run through removing other pieces to see which one might be causing the conflict.

What scenario are you using FSR in? Is it doing this just on the main menu, or only inflight?

It does this regardless of whether the effects are running or not.

Why use FSR with devs gone? Ive uninstalled it.

1 Like

They got our money and now nowhere to be found.
I have uninstalled it a long time ago.
MSFS is fine without it.

1 Like

MS/Asobo should put som people to hunt down those unserious modmakers and take’em off business! (also for some airplane devs)

1 Like