FS Realistic was just released

I have the same issue, been trying to get help to fix it for a while

:roll_eyes:

I had the same issue when I tried assigning it to the Keyboard.
I assigned it to a button of my controller and now it works.

1 Like

Considering getting this on sale. The main appeal is the landing vibration. Iā€™m struggling to justify paying $20 for that. I donā€™t see myself using the walk-around mode. What else is there with this addon that makes it worth it if I primarily fly GA?

And how has Asobo not added cockpit vibrations yet? Annoying I canā€™t just up a config variable for that.

For VR I find it adds significantly

1 Like

Can you elaborate? I fly exclusively in VR.

I did the trial but only got a couple days of it due to my schedule. I donā€™t recall noticing a huge difference aside from taxxiing and landing. The wind noises always seemed a bit out of place and not as dynamic as Iā€™d hoped for.

You get significantly more camera shake in turbulence and heavy landings, I turn off the wind noise or dial it down

Thereā€™s also the squeaks and rattles which coincide with wind and turbulence. Flap and gear turbulence too. I know instantly if I forget to launch FSR before starting a flight. I honestly donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever use the first person walk around mode.

Me neither. Itā€™s too clunky to control, the mouse pointer is annoying and the inexplicable visual degradation looks bad. I stick to the drone cam controlled with my gamepad.

You honestly donā€™t know how good it is until you start using it. Thereā€™s a small handful of third party sim add ons that really everyone unquestionably should have. This is definitely one of them.

1 Like

I love the different airframe vibrations at different RPM. That makes the aircraft feel much more alive and real. It also adds stall vibrations that most aircraft are missing, windshield and airframe noise from the air rushing by during flight. It swells up during harder maneuvers for forward slips, which is very immersive. There are also sounds from the brakes that allow to hear how the aircraft slows down.

And recently it add low altitude turbulence effects that roll your aircraft with gusts of wind that you need to counteract, which is missing from the default turbulence simulation.

Itā€™s well worth its money.

1 Like

I fly VR using DX11 DLSS Quality, when I go to first person view the image is super grainy, if I switch to TAA everything goes black, anyone else?

So i caved and bought it. Iā€™m struggling to find VR settings that donā€™t make me motion sick while still adding realism. Any suggestions?

Also, what components of this introduce performance issues and stuttering and how can I reduce that?

Havenā€™t noticed any performance issues other than I first person but I do have a decent system, manual suggests turning off breathing and reducing turbulence value and smoothing, I donā€™t remember the numbers

something weird happens for me with tail wheel planes

it seems it constantly like lifts up and puts itself back down when its parked on the ground, causing a repetitive sound

Thatā€™s probably the airport wind effect (not sure whatā€™s it called exactly. Canā€™t check right now.). It used to make taildraggers sink into the ground too. Thatā€™s fixed, but it still has some issues with taildraggers.

Yeah itā€™s definitely the wind
I like the visual effect but itā€™s making repetitive noises like the tail is lifting up and being put back down over and over

Have to turn it off on the ground

Hi everyone,

Iā€™ve been using FS Realistic Pro with no problems until recently. Now as soon as it connects to MSFS the camera view just switches continually from inside to outside the aircraft. I canā€™t use the mouse for anything else, itā€™s as though itā€™s stuck in a loop. The only way out of it is to kill the program with Task Manager.

This only happened after the First Person feature was introduced.

Does anyone have any suggestions as Iā€™d like to go back to using it.

Many thanks

Warwick

I have had this same issue intermittently. Restarting my PC fixes it but it sure is annoying when it happens. Yeah it plays like a loop and the mouse pointer goes to the center of the screen. Views are all messed up.

1 Like

Hey, this is a feedback to the last two replies. What you are describing may be caused due a hardware controller which is repeatedly pressing a button which is assigned to your first person toggle. As a first step of resolution, please go to first person tab, click ā€œclearā€ on the first person toggle assignment. Then, press ā€œsetā€ and see if it changes to ā€œclearā€ right away without you doing anything, if that is the case then you can visit your data/confit.json file to learn what controller is taking over, then disconnect it temporarily, set the toggle key or button as you wish, and reconnect your hardware.

Please let us know the hardware name if case you found it to be the issue, so we can try and reproduce and solve for others.

Lastly, please feel free to contact FSRealistic@gmail.com for help on such issues.

2 Likes

Hi Royko,

This makes a lot of sense but itā€™s not practical. When this happens itā€™s impossible to use the mouse for anything. FS jumps it all around the screen and makes it impossible to click anywhere on purpose.

Is the first person toggle assignment stored in a file somewhere that I can edit out? That might fix it.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Warwick