FSDreamTeam GSX for MSFS

This.

It’s also a lot easier for me using //42’s FlowPro and the GSX menu script I have installed (from Flightsim.to). One click of a spare button on my yoke to bring up my Flow menu, and click GSX button from there to trigger the script. This makes GSX work the way nearly every user EXPECTS it to work - click once, bring up the menu, period.

1 Like

I like the “master switch” behaviour more.
Whenever somethings not to my liking i “kill” GSX via master switch.

Also i experience areas in the cockpit (especially on MCDU) where there seem to be invisible objects (mouse cursor changes) which prevent using the function below…
Switching GSX off during flight: Problem gone…

I expected it to work differently but learned to adjust quickly and liked it. Period.

Ah ! so that might be why my mouse cursor has recently been mis-behaving when I’m using the Fenix EFB. I used to have my GSX menu appear in the top left corner of the screen but recently moved it to the bottom left. I’ll move it back to the top corner again.

GSX won’t start after landing my FBW A32NX, connecting external power, shutdown the engines and setting the parkingbrakes. The program keep telling me to set the parking brakes, but they are already set.

Who has a solution for this?

Probably chocks set in the A320NX EFB would work to clear this issue. There is code in the aircraft custom config in GSX menu (assuming you have an aircraft profile for it). I had the same issue. It’s like a boolean expression with parking brake AND chocks so you can change it to just be parking brake. Sorry not in front of my PC so can’t go check what I set it too, but just try chocks in A320 EFB (it’s under options {along with duplicate cones}, not toggleable from the aircraft/doors EFB section).

After waiting for a couple of months I tried GSX again. It´s still a pain in the … It doesn´t work at some airports/gates and the pushback isn´t working reliably. I stopped using it again, because it got on my nerves when flying online. You just have watch out for too many things to get an enjoyable experience.

1 Like

cant agree, all is working as it should.

5 Likes

v 2.2.9 is now out.
As far as I ca see the release notes are-
February 28th, 2023

• GSX Pro NEW: Living World updated to include regions Y (Australia Queensland) and Z (New Zealand).
  • GSX Pro NEW: Airport Service files updated to the latest World Updates.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Jetway replacement files updated to the latest World Updates.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Antonov AN225 added to the Internal database.
  • GSX (all versions) NEW: Added support for airplanes with 6 engines.
  • GSX (all versions) Fix: Custom Jetway root floor heights names can contain spaces.
  • GSX (all versions) Fix: Allowing non-ascii characters in custom Pushback Slot names.
  • GSX (all versions) NEW Operators: CZE (Czech Rep.), WAS (Poland).
  • GSX Pro Fix: Sound emitters at the wrong altitude from ground.
3 Likes

version 2.3.0 released:

• GSX (all versions) NEW: Added support for voice variations for each accent.

• GSX (all versions) NEW: Added some variations for Pushback voices for American, British and Australian English.

• GSX Pro Change: Doors are now closed earlier during Departure.

• GSX Pro Fix: Rear door won’t open anymore if the Rear stairs has been disabled.

• GSX (all versions) NEW: Added Syrian Air Group operator in Syria.

• GSX (all versions) NEW: Massive update for Handling/Catering operators in China, many thanks to Mr. Rudi Zhang who contributed with info and textures.

• GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators in China: Sichuan, Air Macau, Beijing, Guangzhou Baiyun, LOONG Air, Shandong Air, Chongqing Jiangbei, Chengdu Shuangliu, Xiamen Airlines, China Southern, Dalian, Fuzhou, Haikou Meilan, Dragon Air, Hefei Xinqiao, Hangzhou Xiaoshan, Hong Kong, Henan, Nanchang Changbei, Yunnan, Guizhou Longdongbao, China Eastern, Ningbo Lishe, Nanjing Lukou, Shanghai, Shijiazhuang Zhengding, Sanya Phoenix, Shenzhen, Qingdao, Chengdu Airline, Xinjiang, Wuhan Tianhe, Xian Xianyang, Xiamen, Shenzhen Airlines, Zhuhai Jinwan.

• GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators in China: Beijing Air, Beijing Airport Inflight Kitchen, Beijing Xinhua, China Southern, Sichuan Airlines, Xiamen Air, Changzhou Benniu, Dalian Air, Eastern Air, Fliport, Guizhou, Guangzhou, Guangxi Xiangfei, Henan Civil Aviation Food, Huangshan, Yunnan, Korla Tianyuan Aviation Food, Nanland, Ningbo Lishe, Nantong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Sichuan Airlines LSG, Shandong Jinping, Eastern Air, Shenzhen Airlines, Tibet Fliport Food, Air China, Tianjin, Wenzhou, CHINA WEST, Xinjiang HNA, Yunnan, Yangzhou, Zhuhai, Zhejiang.

12 Likes

v2.3.1 now available - March 5th, 2023

• GSX Pro Change: All Doors left open will automatically close as soon Departure is requested, even if no other services have been used.
  • GSX (all versions) Fix: Fixed error when customizing airport positions in a deice area.
1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a synch between cargo and passengers boarded through GSX and the adjusted weight of the aircraft ?
For example, with the Fenix, when I start a flight at the gate, the Fenix EFB shows 120 boarded passengers and as GSX load cargo, the weights of the aircraft does not change in the EFB…

Thanks

@GregDXB There is no synch. GSX is visual only. It does not load your aircraft for you. That means you have to adjust your payload within the built-in efb or weight & balance setting.

1 Like

I was very critical of GSX when it first came out–there were definitely some issues. You definitely took heat early on.

However, I must commend the dedication to improving it and pace of the fixes and enhancements. Really enjoying it now. Thanks for sticking with it and standing behind your product.

1 Like

Thanks. Interest is limited then… Hope they’ll find a way to sync fuel / payload in the future.

Thanks. Interest is limited then… Hope they’ll find a way to sync fuel / payload in the future.

About Fuel:

• it’s already in sync with airplanes using the default fuel system, because GSX is refueling those.

• it cannot ( and it should not, even if it could ), control airplanes with a custom fuel system, because there’s no way for GSX to access these systems and/or the airplane has custom code that controls the fuel handling, so it MUST be the airplane itself that should allow being controlled and thus being in sync with GSX.

Same for payload, it all depends on the airplane own integration with GSX.

The FBW A320, for example, has now Fuel/Payload integration with GSX. The Leonardo Maddog also has full GSX integration.

The Fenix has some limited integration, but I’m sure they’ll improve on that.

1 Like

UPDATE - March 10th, 2023

• GSX Pro NEW: VGDS will now show an extra info page from Simbrief while parked.

• GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following ground handling operators: Amazon Prime Air ( Cargo, KCVG home ), Prestwick ( EGPK ), Lanseria - South Africa ( FALA ).

1 Like

Thank you for updating Lanseria!

Question. RAAS just released an update where they can now read airports purchased through the Microsoft Marketplace. I have to assume that is through some new API that has been provided through the SDK. Are there any plans for GSX to also do this? I was an XBox user, purchased a whole lot of airports, and then I converted over to PC. I have been for the last year re-purchasing many of those airports so that RAAS and GSX can read the airports, but it would be great if from now on I can use my already purchased Marketplace airports and just purchase truly new ones.

GSX can already do that. You have to enable the SU10 beta option in settings.

GSX has been compatible with the SU10 Navdata API since last October, just a couple of weeks after SU10 came out, so it was likely the first 3rd party app ever able to work with Marketplace airports.

The option to use the SU10 Navdata API is not enabled by default, because there are currently side effects using it, basically related to jetway detection, since with the SU10 Navdata, we don’t have anything other than a flag saying if a certain parking spot has a jetway or not, nothing else.

This means we need to do a very unreliable heuristic search for jetways based on their likely names, so we could detect their status, using another unreliable heuristic based on their animated hood.

This doesn’t work very well, since it’s basically impossible to detect things like the “real” jetway on a parking spot with two jetways with one static, doesn’t work with jetways that for some reason failed to animate the hood, and doesn’t work with some jetways placed in less than standard positions in relationship to their parking spot.

But most of all, we don’t have ANY way to know WHERE a jetway docked, or if it has docked partially, we can only assume ( better say “hope” ) you parked in a position where the jetway went correctly to the Main passenger door, provided all the previous assumptions about which SimObject is actually a jetway and we could detect its docking status by checking the hood variables, which is not granted.

In every situation where any of this fails ( wrong jetway detected or not detected at all ), or the jetway docked to the wrong door or docked partially, you will either see ZERO passengers, or you’ll see passengers walking in the air, because without any data about the jetway actual location, we can only create waypoints for passengers under the assumption the jetway docked on the Main exit, which is not always the case.

This will change completely with SU12 !!

With SU12, we’ll get actual positions for all Jetways and which parking they are associated to, so no more heuristic (and slow) search.

We’ll get the actual jetway status ( undocked, in movement, docked, etc. ), so no more unreliable detection based on their animated hood, which might not always animate.

But most importantly, we’ll get the actual position of the two “Bones” that control the jetway Inverse Kinematics, which means we’ll know where the Jetway “Head” is after it moved, and we’ll know which door it has docked to.

With all these data, we’ll be able to place passengers waypoints correctly, without guessing, even when the jetway docks in strange positions, like the AFT door. If it happens, the passengers will walk from there so, no more passengers walking in the air.

And BTW, we already have a working version, running in SU12 Beta right now, we might even release a Public test, so those running the SU12 Beta could try it.

9 Likes

The how to is described in this linked post. It’s a one click checkbox in config. Generally works well. I have loads of m/p airports so you don’t need to re buy them.

1 Like