FSdreamteam KEYW missing buildings

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well and was just wondering if anyone else bought fsdreamteam KEYW. I just bought it but the buildings are missing and I’m trying to figure out if there’s something else I’m missing. Like in p3d you had to activate it within the sim? Thanks again!
Luke S.

Contact FSDT. They should be able to tell you.

1 Like

Thank you I’m awaiting acceptance into the forum

I peaked at their forum, and anyone can read without registering. There’s already a thread on missing buildings. I haven’t read through it since I don’t have the package - but here’s the link:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24235.0.html

Hmmmm interesting! Thanks for the help! Looking over their forums I may have to wait for a fix of some kind

There’s nothing we can fix on our site. The missing buildings are caused by another scenery in conflict, in most cases it was a freeware that some users removed, and fixed the problem.

The scenery obviously come with proper Exclusion areas ( otherwise it couldn’t exclude the default KEYW ) and with FSX or P3D, we would simply told users to be sure the scenery is “on the top” of the Scenery Library, because Exclusion areas are supposed to exclude sceneries below your own.

However, since MSFS doesn’t allow to rearrange areas like the Scenery Library in FSX, there’s not much user can do, other than check what they are installing.

We don’t know if a “Scenery Library” page, with the ability to rearrange areas will eventually be added in an upgrade, but might might be very useful, so I suggest everybody with these issues to fill a bug/suggestion on Zendesk, perhaps it will be considered as a possible addition because, the more sceneries come out, the more it might be required.

3 Likes

Hello guys.
I’m really trying to figure out what can be causing the Key West airport buildings not to show. I had removed all the freeware in Florida since, according to the developer, those can be the cause of the problem but it didn’t work. I am not going to uninstall all my payware addons to see if works because…I’m sorry but I think is absurd that you have to resort to that, and that is like going backwards to the problems we had with the other sims out there. They were saying something about placing the scenery on top of the other ones, but I don’t know were that is since I have only dealt with the community folder.
Thanks for your help

1 Like

I’m guessing this is probably why the screenshots they’re using in the marketplace are of just the control tower and a hangar - the only aerial view is pitch black middle of the night.

If you’re listening FSDreamteam, you need to fire your marketing department; well, add those missing buildings first.

I don’t know what you are trying to say here, the screenshots in the marketplace shows many different buildings and the only two night shots are very well lit and show lights where they are in real life and there are no “missing buildings”.

Here’s a review of the scenery, which speaks very well about night lighting in particular.

2 Likes

There were three users who had conflicts with other freeware products and you take this as an excuse to say that we put night screens to cover the lack of buildings? Careful, this is called defamation. Fortunately, everyone can make their own opinion by looking at the many reviews on Yotube.

this is a hangar and just the tower?

Two more islands modeled in 3D

Wonderful work, Umberto.

I was one that mentioned that it would have been nice to have Ft. Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas and you guys went and added it as an update. Truly appreciate it!

P.S. (FlyAndFight at Avsim)

I have the same problem and i have never used addon scenery.
Can anyone help?

After the patch before last I went to Key West and the buildings are there.

Well doesn’t that imply it has nothing to do with additional addon on scenery if you are getting the issue with the Key West DLC? May be the author needs to fix for the current patch? Anybody have the same issue?

Have you tried removing from the Official folder and reinstalling?

Delete your Content.xml file and start MSFS. It will be rebuilt and the buildings will show properly. Scenery order appears to be a thing in MSFS.

The file is in: C:\Users\“your_user_name”\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

2 Likes

Don’t Know what the issue is if there are none of the newer buildings, but if you purchased the Key West Scenery Add-on, there is an update. If you purchased it from the Developer direct, you can go there and download the update, however, if you purchased it through the Market Place, ya just going to have to wait till they provide it to us… its been out for three weeks, so who knows when. It could solve your problem. I know there are a few enhancement that just are not there at all till ya get the update. Also, the Developer can not help you if you purchased through the Market Place, you have to initiate a ticket through the Market Place Process.

1 Like

Perfect. That helped. After I deleted the content fodler it works. It´s showimg the building and everything.
Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Also having the same issue. Deleting content.xml did nothing. That’s the last time I buy any garbage from FSDreamteam

2 Likes

I hit this too awhile back. The deal is that this scenery is somehow affected by file naming conflicts in totally unrelated add-ons. See this thread. There were several free-ware addins that I had loaded which had naming conflicts. When I removed enough of them, FSDT Key West loaded properly.

Thanks for that. I went over there and read the thread.

I emptied my community folder of everything and reinstalled KEYW. Still doesn’t work. The only other scenery I have available is payway. If their junk doesn’t work with other payware, then it’s their issue to sort out, not the issue of other devs.

I stand by my original statement. It’s garbage until they fix it.