FSLiveTraffic Liveries (FSLTL) - AIG ban and Contribution

The sad thing though is that we could end up with incompatible products that clash, causing sim instability. It would have made far more sense for different groups to come together and produce a cohesive product. Any concerns about making sure credit was made where it was due could have been addressed before release. A lost opportunity I think.

10 Likes

If you don’t owe an explanation (which you don’t, mind you), why are here 'splaining so hard?

Considering how much effort you’re putting into arguing how “worthless” our opinion is, it doesn’t seem that it doesn’t “affect anything in the slightest.” It surely seems to sting that ego of yours.

The only one having a “Meltdown” here is you, pointing fingers, accusing people of “drumming up hate,” calling opinions “worthless” and so forth.

You seem to be making a really intense effort in dismissing the “worth” of other people’s views, for them to be all that worthless.

7 Likes

If they have their own project in the works I understand their decision. It’s their work so everybody should respect their choice. It’s only a couple of models we’re talking about so I don’t get where all the heat is coming from.

4 Likes

@Abriael, @atcogl,

Enough, seriously. There is no need for this.

AIG can do with their intellectual property what they want. We can tell people about it. Calmly.

3 Likes

the AIG Topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aig-ai-manager-oci-for-msfs-development-announcement/324219/78

They can certainly do whatever they want with their textures. Just as much as users can roll their eyes at the idea that people consider this a competition instead of collaborating in an environment in which no one is making money. When egos get in the way, everyone loses, which is exactly the case here.

Of course, there’s the funniest part of this all.

Or at least, it’d be funny if it wasn’t sad.

9 Likes

Wow calm down.

Grudgingly agree - I really hope the actual modelers and painters are able to see past the calls for a closed system (the “old way” of doing things), and work towards cooperation on a piece of work that benefits the community.

4 Likes

OCI is downloading the files directly from the website of the creator to the users computer, just as the user would do via the browser. No files are modified or reuploaded elswhere, so copyright is not violated.

Absolutely - and the fact that a standard package that gets good saturation across the base (FBW for example) has a much better chance of direct input from the devs.

1 Like

Yes. I am perfectly aware how this technicality works. I’m also aware how hilarious and sad at the same time it is to see people bickering about permissions when their own package resorts to a technicality to circumvent the requirement for permissions.

actual OCI is using paints by community members of AIG, so it is using them with premissions as well. And AIG has not denied the use of paints to FSLTL, it was each individual painter.

2 Likes

@Kaiii3 I believe the mail I got today says the opposite. It says “We do not grant you use of FLAi paints/AIG models as well, as those are still OUR paints and models”

Someone got mistaken?

3 Likes

Hi Sofie.

Having read the email that was sent to you today, it gave details of which works could not be used - and stated that any works in the FLAI package that are by the same authors also could not be used.

I hope this clears it up.

AIG is on the one hand a group that releases stuff under the AIG “Brand” and on the other hand a big community where each indicidual is releasing their own work (not under the AIG brand). So this could have caused some misunderstandings. Since I was not directly involved in the mail i can not say whats the correct content of it, but I guess the Painters in the AIG community have replayed to you as one since it seems you only contacted one of them.

update: Got word from the author of the mail:

“[…]the email to her was endorsed by members of the websites listed,as well as Admin at AIG[…]”

@Kaiii3 I see a contradiction in your words with @oTLRo. I was sure that e-mail I got today is an official AIG statement, as it says it’s a “collective decision”.

I would really appreciate if you two discuss it one more time and give me a final precise legal notice.

So basically, you explicitly use a technicality to avoid requiring permissions from others to use their work to integrate your package, but on the other hand, you seem very eager to deny permission to others.

Yes. This won’t get you in any legal trouble, but I’d be surprised if you did not see how hypocritical it is.

The email stands - as Kai is not a painter or modeler he had no involvement in that.

as said in the last update, the mail is endorsed by individual painters (see the mail) and the AIG staff, so it guess the mail-content will list names and websites of individual users as well of groups (incl. AIG) that do not grant premission.