FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

The static aircraft will become active if a real flight of the same Airline and Aircraft type requires them. So for example there is already a static DAL A321 and then a real flight is about to be injected at that airport - it will reasssign the static aircraft to that flight instead of inserting a new one.

3 Likes

Thank you for that information. I have been restarting FS2020 to test changes to aircraft.cfg file settings like icao_generic. Do you know if I should continue to do that, or will the sim check aircraft.cfg file settings for changes when a flight is loaded so I only would need to load from Main Menu after changes and not from the desktop?

1 Like

I was making it 0, in order to gain FPS, because I thought they wouldn’t move at all. In this case, it might actually make sense to activate them, as they are not completely static. Thank you so much ! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I know that MSFS ATC does not work very well.
Is it possible for these atc issues to be triggered more when FSLTL is on? I made such an observation.

Default ATC has been so buggy since SU11 that I’ve stopped using it altogether. Don’t think it’s related to FSLTL.

1 Like

It is, but again it is’t.
FSLTL adds a lot of traffic to the sim
When the radio transmissions from the various AI aircraft overlap each other, or your own, it seems to be one of the things that triggers the ATC issue.
Therefore more traffic = more transmissions to/from ATC = more ATC issues.

So not something FSLTL caused, but something that seems to be triggered when a lot of radio transmissions are being sent/responded to by ATC at once and overlap each other.

Asobo has noted this “bug” and it is being looked into.

But we’re getting a bit off topic, the ATC discussion should be in this linked thread.

1 Like

Guys which is better on the fps atm? AIG or FSTL. My fps is really bad with FSTL. Wasn’t the case before SU11!

Since last fsltl update it has gone a little weird im at Heathrow and its spawning lots of parked planes but hardly anything moving yet 60 miles away at Gatwick lots are taking off and then fsltl injector wont start at all anymore just flashes open then closes. before the last injector update it was working great with plenty of take offs and landings

Trouble is that sim ATC bug has been around for at least 15 months with absolutely no progress. I mean 15 months is a loong time.

1 Like

Yup, I couldn’t agree more, but I wouldn’t say no progress.
No release or mention of anything yet for sure, but it is an issue that Asobo is actively investigating, and it seems to be affecting a lot more users lately.
It’s one of the very few issues I personally have with the sim, but ATC’s for another topic!!

1 Like

It’s working fine. What settings are you using. Even post SU11 the latest release has more landings.
My settings are -
IFR: 85, VFR: 10, Radius: 80km (if you want to avoid EGKK trafic happening dial this back further to a distance less than line of site distance from EGLL->EGKK), Additional parked (statics): 2, Blocked: 240sec, Blank liveries : not used, Generic models: not used.

I see plenty of IFR pushing back, taxiing taking off and landing and I use EGLL (right now Ini’s version) a lot. Are there still issues, yes, but those are SU11 AI related issues and FSLTL is largely back to where it was working under SU10.

2 Likes

When you say actively investigating, do you mean that you have some inside knowledge or have been told that certain or specific areas are currently being developed or is it just from the fact that they have it up on a list as “being looked at”. Which doesn’t provide any support to being actively looked at.

Folks, as mentioned above please stick to the topic at hand.
FSLTL posts only here.

In the spirit of staying on topic, a new version of FSLTL just dropped. 1.3.3

After update it behaved odd like i was at Heathrow i had no moving planes but there was lots at gatwick 60 miles away from me according to the traffic window then after a restart program simply doesn’t open the black window flashes up and vanishes. i have tried a complete re install removed all mods but nothing has made any difference

You can’t remove all mods as two of the mods (base models & injector/toorbar) fsltl folders are in community folder.
Are you sure you don’t have any older injector versions around, copied or linked to/from elsewhere?
If this not the case then try moving the exe file out of community folder. (Say to desktop and try running it from there. You still need the base models in community folder though.

Have a look at the fsltl log file to see if there are any errors listed in that file. Location is -
%APPDATA%\fsltl-trafic-injector\Logs

Also maybe try reinitialising the fsltl .ini file.

Also if you are seeing the fsltl window open and close without spawning the app there is one entry about that on their FAQ.

It should all work, it’s working quite well for me right now with version 1.3.2.

ive tried everything you have said the error with the window opening and closing is due to run time files not being installed but mine obviously are as it was working one minute then not the next even so i did try installing these anyway. i looked at logs and moved them out to a safe place so the folder was clean now it doesnt even create logs
where is the ini file?

From user guide-
Go to-
%APPDATA%\fsltl-trafic-injector

"Right-click on fsltl-trafficinjector-config.json and open in a text editor such as Notepad

Enter the values you wish to change and save the file.

If non of this works, Im wondering if its a permissions thing. Did you install it from FWB as Administrator or something but are maybe running it as user?

If nothing else works jump on to their discord, its quite well manned by the devs.

cant get their discord to work , i dont really understand discord i made a post but if i try to post is simply says an error occured.
looking at logs im thinking this is a simconnect issue but nothing else is broken
wont even generate logs anymore and i cant find anyway of contacting them

Delete or rename the main log file and start a fresh fsltl launch. Then look at the log file straight afterwards to see what it says. I often find the log files can just grow and frow otherwise and errors can be hidden.

If there’s a specific error there list it out. The discord thing is worth pursuing as you can create a support request and attach your logfile for help. Id try using a different browser. I’m using Firefox and discord works fine.

Have you done a windows Systems File Checker run recently? It checks for errors in your windows install against an image to check for errors, I generally run it once in a while, and there are generally a few fixes required after windows updates. Obscure I know, but I find windows runs better with less issues.