FSReborn Sting S4

**Sting S4 **

• New: Update to the new G3X avionics from Working Title.
  • New: Fully integration of new G3X avionics with PMS750 GTN. (Notes requires to select the GTN liveries inside MSFS, this is a new requirement with WT G3X units, no more hot swap possible)
  • New: Updated the weight category to 600Kg.
  • New: New ground physics vibrations and wheel dampening.
  • Fix: Slow update adding air to the tyres, now you can press and hold and it will accelerate the longer you press.

Was posted on my discord server a while ago, if people want to keep updated to my latest news is better to join my server to follow the latest announcements.

Best,
R.

8 Likes

Nice, I can’t wait.

• Adjusting tyre pressure felt like regular car petrol station. Wherever I go, air pump is broken.
  • It’s nice I will be able to take more fuel. Although, today I found that S4 has really low consumption. I traded baggage for fuel. I just had alternate very near destination.

Hello !! I’ve just bought this plane for MSFS 2020 and my trouble i that as soosn it takes off …it sinks with ailerons (I’m a french user , sorry for the translation ) to the left . How to correct that ? Thanks a lot !!!

must be your hardware inputs… try remove the yoke, etc. and see if the problem persist… or clear all your hardware bindings…

R.

Good news - Sting S4 with the new G3X is coming to the Marketplace tomorrow. Raul did a bit of magic to make that happen ahead of the SU15 production release.

13 Likes

Hi all,

For those with no discord this was the announcement:

It is with great pleasure to advise I have submitted to Market Place an update for Sting S4 and the PC Update has been staged to be released Thursday 16-May-2024. Xbox should follow next week since we need to wait for XBOX WASM validation next Monday, then test internally with SU14 and SU15 double whammy.

In any case the update will work with SU14 and SU15, Sting S4 version 1.9.2.0 Change Log:

• New: Update to the new G3X avionics from Working Title… yes also working on SU14… :wink.
  • New: Fully integration of new G3X avionics with PMS750 GTN. (Notes requires to select the GTN liveries inside MSFS, this is a new requirement with WT G3X units, no more hot swap possible)
  • New: Updated the weight category to 600Kg.
  • New: New SU15 ground physics vibrations and wheel dampening. Requires SU15…
  • Fix: Slow update adding air to the tyres, now you can press and hold and it will accelerate the longer you press.

Note to use the GTN PMS50 you must select a GTN Livery from the livery selector. You cannot hot swap anymore between GTN750 and normal G3X, is a SDK limitation Best, Raul (edited)

Best,
Raul

13 Likes

May as well wait for SU15 to get the full benefit of the update.

What is this mythical “SU15” you speak of? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the update. The Sting is my favorite plane for sightseeing and leisure cruising. If I had one wish it would be if you could eventually get a bit more authentic sound inside the cockpit?
While the external sound is pretty authentic, the internal sound of the engine is somewhat subdued and sounds more like an electric engine.
I have been fortunate enough to fly in a Sting irl last year and there’s definitely a bit more to hear from the motor (especially during a climb) than what you can hear in the current implementation.
Otherwise: great plane and lots of fun with it. :+1::blush:

Jealous you got experience a Sting in real life.

The most important question though is did you have heated seats??

I also really NEED this feature in the FSR500!! lol

3 Likes

You’re getting the full benefit now - this is the same Sting using the new SU15 G3X available now if you’re still on SU14 production. (Raul waves magic wand).

1 Like

It’s a shame it’s not on the Xbox. The 750 GTN is most pleasureable to use nav/com system on MSFS. It’s very intuitive and touch screen based. It also doesn’t get in the way of analog based instruments.

It will next week… the PMS50 GTN750 will be embedded for XBOX so everyone on Xbox can use it.

Best,
Raul

3 Likes

I hope you realise this would cost me pretty much lots of money? hiring a real Sting S4… re-do all the sounds from scratch… etc.

I believe this would needs to be a PAID update given the quantity of money at play to get it done… so perhaps in MSFS 2024 as a V2…

Best,
Raul

1 Like

Not quite the full benefit. Improved ground physics is a massive plus for me and worth waiting for.

Finally I can check the fuel pressure like the checklist tells me too! :smiley:

1 Like

Is the G3X fuel quantity display working as intended?
For me it’s showing only the left wing tank quantity, and the quantity is displayed in liters while the rest of the G3X uses gallons.