FSX Import Showcase

I really appreciate this thread. I’ve successfully (and unsuccessfully) converted some FSX planes, both official and freeware.

I have tried the steps/tips mentioned to get a jet to work (borrowing cfg from the CJ4) however I still have no luck. I even edited some values in the cfg to see if it would help. No dice. I updated the dependency reference too.

If anyone has success with that and wouldn’t mind sharing the steps, it would be fantastic.

If you have the original 3D sources, then yes that is definately the better method. To me this is the old “port-over” or “native” conversion we had with FS9 aircraft to FSX.
Would love to see a D18 in MSFS

Please do! I’m only good at tweaking, not starting from scratch. A Twin Beech would be great. I was actually going to look for one to bring over if anyone figured out some of the issues

5 Likes

Soaring through the sky :cloud:

5 Likes

Gotta bone up on the build process first . I have tons of info on how it flies and basic design that show how these were actually hand made per aircraft and very few parts from one fit onto any others. I have several other birds to work on as well.

1 Like

Me Too! It was always a favorite of mine.

1 Like

With giant triangle count allowed in models I might have to detail things up in the 18 model.

1 Like

Yes indeed, BUT a decent PBR texture set goes a long way until you get that more detailed 3D Asset :smiley:

PS As long as all of your in cockpit gauges are 3D and not 2D, you’re pretty much good to go.

Both of these load fine for me. Granted they do take a while to load. I guess the file format asks more of the sim.

The FA18 isn’t functional, just sticks in the air but I got the P51 moving fine.

Please give the download link.

where can i get this aircraft converter??

Its been covered a few times already in this thread. it currently provided as source code, that you can compile yourself. The link is near the top of this thread.

This thread contains tips on how to get up and running. And one person even shared a youtube video on how to get Visual Studio going.

1 Like

It is at the top of the thread.

why nobody shares aircraft converter’s compiled version?

1 Like

Could it be one of the engine parameters from the apron.FLT or runway.FLT files? I see that those files control how all the switches and avionics are configured when starting from a runway or ramp/gate/parking.

I haven’t had a chance to re-install FSX to convert anything over to test this theory out though.

1 Like

Will give that a go and will report back! Good call!

That worked, I now have jet engines started on the runway!

Hi guys! I read the entire thread and tried to convert a model I created by myself 15 years ago with old GMAX. I managed to load the model in MCX 1.4 - thanks Arno -, exported it to FSX mdl, reloaded it, all animations and textures are correct, went through the planeconverter process - thanks klasbj -, setup everything to appear in the hangar, where the model is listed, but does not appear as a visual object. New FSX model file is present and named correctly in model.cfg. Seems I have trouble to setup the entire xml file system. Any hint would be appreciated. Thank you very much …

That’s fantastic news, though I’m finding for piston aircraft some settings like initial elevator trim and Mixture lever position are still hidden away somewhere else. Oddly enough you can set the default Aileron and Rudder trim positions via the .FLT files, but there is no elevator trim. Attempts to add either an ElevatorTrimPct or PitchTrimPct line have yielded no results.