FSX liveries? I don't get it

Time for some screenshots!

Just kidding.

It was just a filler mate, they are showing us patch notes so empty of important content.
All the patch notes are about “fixed small X in Y plane under certain circumstances”, “Fixed texture”, “fixed typo”. It is like if they had to delete all that filler notes, their patch notes would take 3 lines. So maybe they are just not telling us everything or at least not the crucial work being done. I am fine if they are working on some more crucial stuff, it would be great to know the core changes made on the backend. IMHO patch notes look so fake, so like they are pretending something. I know for sure they are doing something and working hard. Anyways…

You didn’t ask me and I couldn’t care less whether those liveries are in game or not. What’s wrong with giving people more options? Unlike you, some people appreciate it. Those few liveries take up a sliver of HD space. If your that worried about losing your precious HD space you shouldn’t even have the game installed. Nobody forced you to do that, did they? When you say that nobody else cares about something your speaking for yourself. You sure don’t speak for me.

They didn’t give us the option though. I was forced to download the liveries and then had to spend time deleting them in content manager. Why couldn’t they have made them optional from content manager from the beginning similar to previously released liveries?

2 Likes

Yup. I was forced to download them 4 at a time, as the update would freeze up the entire sim. Had to restart, grab another 4, freeze, restart. Then once I had them, I had to manually go and delete them.

2 Likes

No, you wanted those liveries… you just don’t even know it yet. They were doing you a favour because they knew you wanted them really… deep down… aching for them. So they made them installed by default. And now you’ve deleted them. And you’ve shamed yourself… cheated yourself out of a deep, unconscious desire for the FSX liveries.

Such a pity.

(I deleted mine too: I feel… ashamed)

3 Likes

I basically fly a handful of planes - C172 Classic, Bonanza (with Turbo mod), TBM, Baron, and occasionaly the Longitude. I also fly the Mooney fairly regularly, with the Seminole and C182 less frequently.

I have exactly 1 3rd party livery for each of those planes - the one I like using. Although I do have a few other odd ones for the 172s, since they show up as AI / setpiece planes, so it’s nice to have a few random liveries for those. I don’t even have the Aviator’s Club liveries. I deleted those shorly after seeing them.

Otherwise, I couldn’t give a rat’s ■■■ about other liveries for the flyable planes. And I don’t like being forced to chew up precious space on my NVMe drive for stuff I neither need nor want.

1 Like

Not just space, but load times! I’m sure loading 40 new liveries will have some impact on load times. Even if it’s just a few seconds.

2 Likes

Lets not ever disrespect Orbit/World Travel Air again.
An easy way come off as a wet behind the ears unappreciative snotnose?
Don’t disrespect the core team behind FSX…the fictional airlines… the missions…the dialogue everything was before its time in 2006.
Some of you are just really disrespectful now you have a new shiny sim.
Don’t get cute…
Thanks!

4 Likes

As soon as an optional in-game livery was available for the aircraft I was flying I started using it. I think I’m going to switch out to Kenmore Air now that it’s available. They are a real shuttle flight company here in the PNW. At least, if it’s the Kenmore Air I’ve seen here.

This worked, Thanks. Uninstalled.
Mods can close this thread.

2 Likes

I also got liveries for boeing 787 and cessna longitude even though I only have the standard version of fs 2020! One wonders why?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.