Fuel Range Circle/Ring Gone?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
None
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
The fuel range circle/ring that was visible on the planning map is no longer working.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Not Needed
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
On the World Map, select either a destination or departure point. Prior to this update, the map would display a lightened circle around that point showing estimated fuel range. This no longer appears on the map.
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
In my profile, but likely not relevant.
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
1.18.13.0/1.18.14.0
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet. Wondering if there’s a setting I’m not seeing, or maybe it was deleted intentionally.

Check fuel state for selected plane before entering your flight plan. Some start with zero fuel now instead of 50 percent.

Are they trying to recreate the Gimli Glider???

5 Likes

The world map set up is an utter mess now. It’s like somebody was half way through developing it and then went on vacation.

Search for airport now involves a pointless extra step that just makes it frustrating.

Aircraft data (tail number etc) are now blank fields even if there was data input previously.

Fuel and weight change every time you open that tab.

Centre of gravity seems to change to revert back to whatever it was when you load into a flight. (Yes, really)

Time of day still changes from whatever you set to whatever it likes in between views.

They hid the filters under another pointless menu level. (there is loads of space on that task bar at the bottom. Why hide the parts you are actually going to use and replace them with descriptions of short cuts?

And indeed some aircraft load into the world map with zero fuel!!!

It’s like they hired a software usability expert and then did the opposite of everything that was suggested.

2 Likes

Yeah they sure need to work on that, i dont like the way it is now either. Exactly all the things you mentioned

Hey,
Quick question: Are you still having this issue? I just took this screenshot: