Fuel tank selectors not working in Baron and steam gauge C172

After SU5, the fuel tank selector valves no longer operate. Even after switching cockpit interaction back to legacy mode.

Furthermore, they no longer react to keybinds nor their appropriate SimConnect events.

Planes affected: C172 Classic and Beechcraft Baron

Same here (I’m using the C172 classic).
No addon at community folder.

It’s got nothing to do with mods or community folder when even keybinds for those controls no longer work.

1 Like

I’ll add to the chorus. Completely clean community folder and I am getting the same result. No keybind seems to work and the levers are not movable in the cockpit with the mouse.

1 Like

I’ve +500h with C172 already.
Was exited to fly after the update, but I’ve already found those bugs:

• Fuel Selector not working;
  • Anunciator panel Test not working;
  • Trim wheel not working (I’m using a wheel as trim, but it now only goes full up or full down);
  • The engine does not even start using the real checklist;
  • Texture glitches in the landing gear.
3 Likes

I’ve added a Zendesk ticket. I would recommend all of you do the same to raise awareness.

2 Likes

Add the Carenado Mooney to this list.

6 Likes

Lovely. They broke all my favourite planes. :confused:

And at the speed the marketplace is updated, it’ll be like 3 months before the Mooney fix is rolled out.

1 Like

DA40 NG works alright. DA40 TDI won’t let us select fuel tank anymore :frowning:

Adding Cirrus SR22 to the list. Fuel tank selector is inoperable, and the engine won’t start after following the in-game checklist.

I’ve already added a Zendesk ticket.

6 Likes

Try this:

Left click and hold down on the switch/knob that you are try to actuate and then scroll the mouse wheel. The patch notes indicate that this is how multi-select switches and rotary knobs are operated now. I think since fuel selector switches are usually 3 position (left tank, both, right tank, and maybe off) it might be that you need to click and hold to lock the cursor to the fuel selector and then scroll to move it between its positions.

Its been tried. If it were that, then other methods would work. Currently, keybinds don’t work on those either. Neither do external SimConnect events. That has nothing to do with the legacy mode.

There’s something wrong when no physical input can activate a control. And it seems to be plaguing all planes in the Premium and Deluxe editions, but not the planes in the base sim.

3 Likes

Bummer. I guess ctrl+e it is then.

I just posted about this in another thread. Same issue with the classic 172. Cold start doesn’t work. My trim wheel doesn’t work. Fuel selector stuck on left tank. And plane has a nose down tendency even with managing to set the trim to neutral or take off position.

The c172 g1000 works as it should. Trim wheel is fine. Fuel selector can be switched. Real bummer as I use the sim to practice real world flights in the 172.

I can confirm that the DA40 now can’t be started for the same reasons
Even by getting the “checklist” to do it for me - it fails
The control is inoperable, can’t be clicked, the keybind is inoperable and the simconnect is inoperable for the fuel selector.

Only recourse is “autostart”

If you go to your content manager, there is a deluxe package upgrade that fixes this for the Baron at least.

2 Likes

Dumb question: Did you update the content in the “Content manager”? I have 22 GB of updates there (just downloading, so I don’t know if it makes a difference). This stuff is not updated automatically with SU5.

3 Likes

@ChplnVindictus & @marccreal :

As of last night, I had downloaded all the stuff in my content manager to the tune of 30+ GB worth of stuff on top of the update. I even installed all the optional stuff I didn’t previously have installed - bush trips, liveries, etc. As of last night, it told me I had 100% of content updated.

Today it seems I have more content in there that wasn’t yesterday - namely updates for premium and deluxe packs. Downloading now at a blazing 2 Mb/s compared to the 100+ I was seeing yesterday. We’ll see if this fixes the issue. I suspect this is the fix. Will report back in about 3 days once I get this stuff downloaded.

EDIT:
CTD during download. Have to restart… FML…

1 Like

Ah ok, I have 4 GBs to go with 15Mbit…
In the meantime, we can train moving our heads extra slowly.

Flew the C172 “Classic” last night and again this morning. Fuel selector works as usual in “Legacy” mode.

Note: in Content Manager (last night) I found both the Deluxe and Premium packages indicated “Partial Download.” I completed both downloads last night.

It may be that some of the odd glitches are more a function of the download process than the actual code for the sim. I decided to start with a clean slate, and removed everything related to MSFS from the computer Monday evening, even Navigraph. I cleaned the registry. So, this install is as clean as I could make it. So far, so good. I do have a purple plane or two sitting on the ramp, and the weird “TIMECLI” callout on the GNS 530/430… :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2021-07-28 073635

1 Like