Full G1000 control now with Mobiflight

Yes!!! I have some sample logic I gleaned from Tony on the Sim Innovations forums. I am yet to test its capabilities more thoroughly but it does seem to work in a basic incarnation. It can be fairly easily integrated I think. What I need to do now is get a list of buttons that have long press functionality in real life and a short explanation of what the functionality is. I will post up a new Thread tonight asking the question, if I don’t find a thread already describing it.

1 Like

Tonights Code release will have that functionality in it!

1 Like

Nice. Initially I didn’t dig into the weeds to hard on this. Looked at the top of the file, saw the code that was there, and assumed the MFD code was in there somewhere. It’s only after closer inspection I realized that choice of what to show did nothing.

I probably could have made it work in a few minutes by either creating a new generic bezel and just doing a search and replace, or included said code myself. But I’m kind of lazy, figured you already had something you’d be sharing sooner or later, and I didn’t find any point in reinventing the wheel.

And realize you can’t do anything about window placement. Being on a single monitor, it’s easier for you. Until Asobo introduce some kind of persistence for popped out windows (not holding my breath), this is going to be a thing, like it or not…

Thanks for this, btw, This is pretty cool.

By the time you came to the realization last night I probably had the MFD mostly working. :wink: I still have a few test scenarios to run through tonight. My Bonanza has been sitting on the Tarmac at NZCH far too long I’m looking forward to actually flying for a change :wink: :rofl:

Nice. I’ve been doing all my testing of this in my Bonanza (with the Turbo mod) too.

I’m looking at the 530 which uses a long press of the clear button to return to the first Nav page. Mobiflight even has an event ID for the long press.

Looking forward to testing this. I’m going to hook up both my 15.6 touch screens with 2 knobster and see how it works. I hop it does not need any special code for the knobster.

No Special coding should be required but do please let me know if you run into problems.

I only have one Knobster and have tried to ensure I code to avoid object conflicts. I will look into any issues that are reported.

OK I have gotten the next set of tests and updates done . I have uploaded the newest panel siff file to my google drive here

New / Changed
There is a new checkbox user property titled Display Unit-Type
Enable that to get a small PFD or MFD flag overlayed in the top left of the LCD display.
Uncheck it if you do not like or need it.

The File has been re-organized to improve readability and to group associated controls together.
The overlays are resized to fit neatly beside each other on a 1920 X 1080 Display.

Known issues
VNV and Map panning do not work at present - Not yet implemented.
Com and Nav Volume push are not working properly

Enjoy!

Phil

Have you noticed any lag with touch dials using attached monitors, i e iPad? I’m thinking it could be a Spacedesk issue

I don’t yet have experience using either Ipad or Android tablets so I cannot speak to that. My Touch monitor is connected directly via displayport and the Knobster is on a USB3.0 Hub. I can imagine though that there might be issues with delayed responses. Can you determine if the iPad video is lagging or is it control feedback to the PC?

Yeah, going to print the callback to the console and see

It works!

Good job.

Ensure that in your Spacedesk settings on the unit that you’re using 60 fps mode. ANd ideally, low quality mode will reduce latency as well. It’s a small degradation of graphical fidelity, but it’s not huge on a small screen like a table. It will make the experience more responsive.

There’ll always be some lag because this is a virtual display connection over wi-fi. You really can’t avoid that. But you’ll be able to minimize it.

Personally, I don’t use the dials. I have my Stream Deck set to use the FMS and map zoom knobs, which are the only knob on the G1000 I ever really use. I may consider a Knobster at some point.

I downloaded your latest and I have set up 2 new panels on my touch screens with knobster enabled. I will test them later today.
1 thing is the Display Unit-Type does not seam to be working as no matter what I do it is always showing in the upper left corner.

So can you apply your skills to the audio panel, the GNS 430 & 530 next? Come on I know you want too!!!

Thank you for all the work you have done

I just finished the 530
Withe one caveat, I haven’t broken the code for long pressing the clear button, everything else works.

Did you post it to share anywhere?

I need to do that, should be today after work, around 4pm eastern… I’ll post.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. The checkbox in the properties doesn’t work. The unit type label is always enabled.

Scroll up a few posts…

Was looking for the 530 share not the G1000. I have the G1000

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into this tonight and fix it.

1 Like