Funny Experiences in MSFS

How do you calculate the G forces when your plane is pushed 100kts faster in one second?

1 Like

Nice story, but it you do not have the the A32nx mod installed, then I don’t know what to say!

1 Like

Oh wow, thanks for that explanation!
I think I panicked when trying to adjust the speed - I should maybe just have turned off autopilot and increased the speed.

So in the end, ice reduced the lift to a point when the plane could not maintain altitude while also staying at the speed requested ?

ATC directed me into a mountain !

1 Like

Unfortunately such thing are happening IRL as well. For you it was a great learning experience.
If you expect icing conditions = temp < +5°C and visible moisture, it’s a good idea in MSFS to turn on wing and engine anti-ice.
IRL icing very very seldom becomes so severe that you need wing anti-ice.
But in case of a simulation it’s IMO better to simulate too much icing instead of too little icing.

Exactly. The old saying, speed is life, is still valid.

2 Likes

Yes, I was flying the mod (the latest experimental version). Will never go back to the stock model.

1 Like

The best part is them nagging you as you are doing everything you can to avoid the crash.

2 Likes

Parked up the Arrow for the night at an empty gate in Gatwick. Came back in the morning to find this -

3 Likes

Yeah, I did a wonderful flight the other day. Nearly 2 hours. Perfectly lined up on the runway. ILS locked in. At 100 feet I get this go around message. There’s a small plane parked on the end of the runway. My ego said, I didn’t just fly for 2 hours to let this guy screw up my landing so I just landed on top of him. Nice thing about it being a sim in those instances.

3 Likes

It was probably me…

3 Likes

Very happy to hear that!

I had a flight plan filled from KROC to Orlando and I let it generate a high altitude flight plan for me so it put me flying over the gulf over Tampa then land on all the way on 35 R at Orlando international airport in the default a320 I was like I thought I set it to land at Orlando not Tampa I also forgot I set the weather for live and saw a bolt of lightning over Florida because it made me jump due to me forgetting to check the weather around the arrival airport and only check the weather at the departure area

2 Likes

This is not photoshopped, I shot this in the middle of Kiel, Germany with SDK wireframe set on :smile_cat:

Without wireframe, see below… Some trees in Germany seem to be rock solid !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.