G-Sync doesn't work. Is the fix coming?

The problem is simple - G-sync doesn’t work. It works on all other games just fine, windowed or full screen doesn’t matter. I confirm it is not working by enabling fps counter on my monitor settings. My monitor is 120hz and it always stays at 120 when playing MSFS. Doesn’t matter if fps is 25 or 65 it stays on 120 which means it doesn’t work. On all the other games it’s constantly changing together with in-game fps and matching it. It could be 20 it could be 90, whatever the number is at that moment.
Is this known to Asobo and are they’re working on fixing this issue? MSFS has low framerate so g-sync is essential.

1 Like

G-sync works fine for me and given the massive number of posts about it not working I’ve not seen I’m not sure it is an MSFS problem.

It is amazing how many one-off problems people say ther are having.

6 Likes

The problem is quite widespread when it comes to MSFS. I’d understand if other games would have this too, but so far MSFS is the first one.
With your mentality basically every digital or physical product is perfect because it is working as intended for some people. You could instead say something constructive like what settings you are using.
One thing i noticed MSFS exe doesn’t appear in control panel automatically. It isn’t recognized. I added it manually but i guess that had no effect. All other games appear there automatically after you launch them at least once.

1 Like

See here for the fix: Gsync does not work with MSFS 2020

Would it affect my current settings? I don’t want all the settings go to default because i have separate profiles for different games.

Have you set any scaling options in settings/system? If I set anything other than 100% then my GSync breaks for MSFS, which is a pain on a 4k display as text etc becomes v small. Yes I have followed gsync setup advice and even forcing it on using nv inspector doesn’t ‘fix’ it when scaling is set over 100%.

To clarify, I am referring to Windows scaling settings not the option in the game.

No, i leave scaling on 100 everyhwere.

Gsync works for me.

Some notes though.
The game normally doesn’t run in full screen exclusive mode unless you have HDR enabled in windows. So if you aren’t running with HDR on you’ll need to enable gsync for windowed applications.

Also gsync only works when the main window is in focus. I think if the pop out ATC, VFR map windows have focus it doesn’t work in that case. I’d have to check to be sure since I don’t pop them out anymore, too buggy.

I’ve got the steam version. Running on a 4k monitor 150% scaling in windows, 100% in game.

Gsync working ok for me. Have you checked your nvidia settings?

It is an MSFS problem, watch the gsync thread, its not working well.
Do you have an monitor fps counter to confirm your monitor is syncing?

Yes i know it is a MSFS problem, i just wanted for developers to see this.
Yes i’m checking if gsync is working by enabling fps counter on my monitor. It stays locked at 120 while it changes in other games.
I run 90% of my games in borderless mode.

this is a weird situation regarding G-Sync and MFS.
it works, but not 100% like other games.
If your monitor fps indicator is still locked on default max refresh rate while you enabled Full screen/windowed mode on Nvidia Profile Inspector maybe there is an option on your Monitor/menu settings. Try to force G-sync windowed mode in Global mode ( expect MFS only)
G-sync is working, and its clear especially on exterior angles/views. The main issue is with cockpits and especially airliners. Sometimes even with 60s-80s fps there is a weird micro stuttering which is a signal that something is wrong with g-sync. Maybe there is a conflict between MFS v-sync ( which i always have disabled) and g-sync.

Monitor fps indicator at the left