G1000 - Autopilot Bug trims to 100%

a lot ot trim and autopilot problems are caused by using addon liveries.
soon as i switch back to default livery the problems have gone.

Really?

That is a big thing if true.
It could ultimately mean that the root of the problem(s) are with third party interactions.

Which livery and livery version were you using before going back to the default?

And may I add that it would be helpful to have a forum moderator give us some feedback (albeit early) on how Asobo Studio and Microsoft plan to triĂ ge this important issue in their grand bug list.

I have the same problem with the g3000. It randomly makes huge changes to the trim. I don’t do anything to trigger it. I could just be cruising along and all of a sudden the plane goes into an extreme climb or dive. Alternatively, it immediately displays “You Crashed. You overstressed the aircraft and caused critical damage”. That message appears out of the blue, without any chance to recover at all.

I experience the same problem. G1000 and Cessna 172. Trim goes to 100% after using autopilot ALT and FLC.
Sometimes switching of AP and “manually” reducing the trim saves the day.

1 Like

I have this autopilot problem all the time. Was it fixed in the update2 on late December? Unflyable until itis fixed.

I just completed a IFR flight with a C172 (Garmin) in Finland
and it was not working. Unfortunately the wild behaviour persists.
IFR Flights with an GA Aircraft remains impossible for now.

On my recent flight, the Altitude-Mode of the Autopilot used the elevator trim excessively
to counter strong winds (approx 23 knots at 3000 ft.). This worked for 10 nm.

But after a while it got wild and trimmed so hard up to hold 3000 that
the aircraft stalled again. The Trim-Percentage was at 60 % up (absolutely too much!)

I monitored the behaviour the whole flight - there was enough throttle
to stay on the current flight level. Execssive trim was unnecessary and ruined
the experience for me. There seems to be an over-corrective programming behind-the-scenes of
the Garmin G1000 regarding altiude hold in windy ifr conditions.

While in flight, confronted with the never-changing situation of the crazy Flight Director, i had to switch the AP off again and fly by hand (X Box Controller) for nearly 60nm
to reach my Destination.

Additionally ATC requested that i need to climb to 12.000 ft the whole time of the flight.
Very very annoying flight experience!!

Finally, reaching the Approach of EFSI it told me realistic altitudes (2500 ft) from the IAF on.
I suppose the system does not take the type of plane you are flying in consideration. Everything seems to be adjusted for airliners, not for small planes - which is a shame, because flying
IFR with a Cessna 172 should be possible, too, if the weather requires it.

At the end the landing was spectacular with the new snow system by the way.
That was the only highlight i really enjoyed.

All in all - it is dissapointing that this bug persists even with a newly installed SIM Update.
I read in the changelogs that a lot of Airliner-Systems have been fixed.

But there seems to be no love for the GA Planes regarding AP functionality.

Sometimes mine will trim full up resulting in a dive into the ground. More often I get the trim full down resulting in a stall.

Haven’t flown the G1000 since November, and I never tried AP until today. No livery addons, and I too experienced bad autopilot. Once AP is engaged, it wouldn’t disengage (plus a lot more issues). I haven’t flown the Cessnas in a while, but at least I see that Asobo finally added some lighting to the C172 instrument panel.

1 Like

A-ha! I’m going to check if that’s my issue right now.

Yes, I found my Bonanza G36 with G1000 trimming 55% up during the Norway Bush trip before. I have a Saitek AV86 but a CH throttle stack with a bunch of buttons. Bet I configured trim on both and they are conflicting.

I would stay on the autopilot thru short final, disconnect the AP, trim it to zero and land normally.

Very disconcerting bug as there is no reason for random excessive trim tab settings to occur.

I have had this problem intermittently. Since the latest update, I also noticed you can not select a nearest airport for a direct to entry. Maybe it’s just me.

Hello!

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank you! :slight_smile: