G1000 Creating flight plan stuck on duplicates

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue:
Manually creating plight plan on G1000 in Cessna Caravan.
Selecting the airport FACT (Cape Town) a duplicates window is flashing on the screen.

Cannot get past the screen

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile) Xbox SS

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: Latest

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version? MS Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? Not yet

a) regarding getting past the screen:
Did you try turning the outer knob to select one of the duplicates, then hitting the ENT key?

b) regarding the duplicate nav entries in the first place:
Was it showing two duplicate copies of the same airport in the same location? I’ve seen this with several airports such as KSFO, while having the Navigraph nav data installed. I don’t know whether it happens if Navigraph is uninstalled, I haven’t tested that yet. Note also that removing the Navigraph data directly from the Community folder will break things – do not do it! Use the Navigraph data installer app to remove the plugin, and it will properly update things in the simulator.

I have that reproducible without Navigraph (never had it installed), on PC (so not limited to Xbox).

Try spawning at LFMN and enter a route from LFMN to LFML (direct) via G1000 or GNS530 or GTN750,… one of the two airports (don’t remember which one) will show as a duplicate and you’re prompted to choose one.

No idea what’s the issue there. My guess is that there’s a bug in the JavaScript API returning the navdata matches.

By the way, I think you again have to enable the cursor (press the bottom right knob on the MFD), if I remember correctly.
In my case I always was able to select one of the duplicates and go on with my flight, with all the units I tested.

1 Like

The issue is not the fact that I am getting duplicates, but that the screen with the duplicates on keeps on rendering itself (so it’s flashing about 3 times a second) all the time and you cannot select a airport. Being on the XBOX no
3rd party software installed like Navigraph