G1000 into Air Manager

Does anyone know how to set up the Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000 PFD into Air Manager? There are videos to watch recommended on the AM website and they contradict each other in their approach regarding click through, transparency etc… I’ve read so many different ideas and still can’t get it to work on tmy ouch screen monitor.
Thanks for any pointers/links.

1 Like

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities

If you have Discord, reach out to me there and I’ll get you going.

SkypilotYTS#0670

Sidenote, your profile says you are on XBOX for platform, none of this (Air Manager, popouts, etc… can be done on XBOX)

Just want to ensure you are on PC?

Take it from me you want click through enabled when positioning the Popout manually. Once it’s in position you can turn it off.

It helps to understand the process by doing it manually a few times but many of us use apps that help automate it. One step at a time.

Thanks, Sling,
I have tried that but the instant that I click show the click trough option greys out. Perhaps it’s a problem with the touchscreen monitor.

That’s how it’s supposed to work. It just means you can’t toggle click through while the panel is active. Turning the panel off enables the check box again.

Thank you Sling380, that irons out one problem.

To the other problems then. You did not answer @skypilotYTS with regards your actual setup. That’s important before we delve in. BTW I made one of those videos so I’m interested in what’s not working for you.

Hello Sling380. I know I haven’t continued on with SkyPilot but I did send him a message last night to say why. I was having problems with two touchscreens that I bought for instruments, hence the thread, and have been in discussion with the suppliers because they would be touch intermittently. Yesterday morning the suppliers admitted that they couldn’t help me to get them to work properly and to send them back for a refund so I did. That means there is little point in SkyPilotYTS talking me through the procedure because I don’t have monitors to post the instruments to.
So I’m looking for advice on what kind to buy from someone that knows they will work like for instance IvanSky’s Youtube video which is a part of the AM instruction page.
Cheers,
Trevor.

You obviously got unlucky with the monitors but rest assured almost any usb touch screen that is recognised as a touch enabled device by windows will be suitable. I personally use a pair of 24” Dell’s but the choice will come down to your requirements, space and budget. I prefer around the 24” size because it provides about the same real estate as a typical small GA aircraft and therefore enables the display of close to real size instruments with enough room to get them all in. If you go smaller you will have to make compromises either on size of the number of instruments or both but this may suit depending on what you want to achieve. That’s your requirement part.

Here are a couple of examples of what I do with mine. One steam and one glass. Just to give a sense of scale, in these photos the instruments are near real size.

That is impressive !
Thanks for your assurance about the screens, I will order some more from Amazon this week, you can’t get anything like this here, on any of the islands. I didn’t realise that touchscreens had to be identified as such in device manager and I’ve been computing since the days of the Sinclair ZX but Ralph from AM did send me a couple of links so I think that is where I went wrong. All the videos and stuff on all of the sites and no-one mentions this ! I’ll let you and SkyPilotYTS know when I’ve got the new hardware.

I’ve never looked in device manager for them so don’t get hung up on that. They should just plug n play but you may need to do a quick calibrate depending on what other monitors you have plugged in but the calibration part is built in to windows and takes seconds.

Got it, thanks. I’ve ordered two today.