G1000 screens freeze mid-flight

I don’t know whether it’s a re-introduced bug with Sim Update 9, but for the very first time I encountered this bug yesterday: the Garmin 1000 screens (both the PFD and the map) froze in the middle of the flight, after around 1.5 hours. The synthetic vision continued to update but nothing else. Speed, altitude, navigation, they all froze. This video is from 2020 but I had the exact same issue, except that not even my VFR map worked, it seemed frozen as well:

Now, I tried turning off avionics and back on, they rebooted but the screens were still frozen. The autopilot seemed to be in control still, but after a few maneuvers I tried with it (descent), it seemingly lost navigation and control. After I turned it off, hand-flew the aircraft and turned the AP back on, the screens were fixed, and they updated again.

Anti-ice was on so I’m sure it was not caused by icing (ice didn’t appear on the aircraft at all by the way). The aircraft was the Cessna 208 Caravan. Any ideas what could’ve caused this and how to fix? The autopilot OFF-ON could be a workaround but I’m not sure if that’s what fixed it or it was just a coincidence.

Are you by any chance using the G1000 NXi add-on? I haven’t gone to SU9 yet, but I saw in another thread that there is an update to the NXi that needs to be installed for SU9.

No, I don’t use NXi, only the default G1000.

Try the nxi. It’s free and in the Market Place.
Working Title & Asobo collaborate on this one to replace the default.

I encountered something like this last night in the stock classic C172. The map background on the GNS530 froze, as did my VOR1 and VOR2 dials. The VFR map window (the one that’s available from the menu at the top of the screen) was also frozen. Oddly, the magenta line on the GNS 530 kept updating, showing my progress. Everything else worked too. The maps and VOR dials all froze when I overflew a VOR. Maybe I happened to overfly the VOR close enough that something NAN’ed out in a computation somewhere?

VFR Nantes Atlantique (LFRS) to St Agnant (LFDN).pln (2.8 KB)

I have had similar experiences. I’ve noticed it when using MSFS flight plans loaded into auto pilot. If you load this flight plan. take off, use AP from end of runway and rise at 400fpm to 2000 ft it usually freezes the Garmin at about 1440 ft. Its happened a few times on different flight plans. The plane still follows the original course but it doesn’t update height, waypoint and you can’t adjust altitude or rate using Garmin controls