G1000 Screens Freeze

:wave: Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

After about an hour of flight, the Garmin 1000 screens freeze. Only the synthetic vision and engine stats remain operational, ever other display freezes. There is no workaround as switching avionics off and on doesn’t help. Also, the VFR map stops working and becomes unresponsive as well.
Default G1000, not NXi.
This issue never happened before Sim Update 9.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Create a long flight (1 hour+) in a G1000 aircraft (my issue occurs in the Cessna Caravan).
  2. Fly more than an hour on autopilot.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.25.7.0 (Sim Update 9)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Are you using the Working Title version from the Marketplace? And if so did you update it (new update released last night).

No, this is the default G1000, not the NXi as it causes CTDs on Xbox.

And as I said (and can be seen in my video) the VFR map becomes unresponsive as well.

We have the same issue. Its not A320 related so we can change my topic if you want
A320 Displays freeze

1 Like

UPDATE: When the aircraft reaches the next waypoint in the flight plan, the screens suddenly become functional again. This is NOT a workaround, just additional information for the bug. It seems that lengthy distances between waypoints freeze the G1000 for some reason.

1 Like

Holy cow, so all aircraft are borked? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I think so

1 Like

I could replicate this issue.

More details on how to replicate: the screen (ALT, IAS, HDG) froze when the autopilot reached the set cruise altitude. It doesn’t matter what the altitude is, you can set that to 3000, 5000, or anything… as soon as the autopilot switches from climb to hold ALT mode, the screen freezes; however, the weirdest thing is that I was able to replicate it 7 - 8 times in a row using the same exact flight plan and with 2 different planes (C172 G1000 and SR22), but all of a sudden everything started working normally after that. I could not replicate it anymore. So confusing…

I’ll keep testing to figure out under what exact conditions this bug surfaces and will report.

yes

same as above, Cessna longitude

1 Like

Yes

I have been able to replicate this issue numerous times with different aircraft equipped with 1000. Also, I noticed that the freezing of the instruments occurs when the aircraft reaches the selected cruising altitude. In addition, it appears that this issue does not happen on the first flight after starting the sim, but it can be replicated on subsequent flights.

Don’t have any additional screenshots/video.

1 Like