G2 my best performance

this little stuttering in the video is because my video recording, ingame its absolutely smooth

System: i9 9900k, rtx 3070, Reverb G2

Artifacts in the propeller caused by motion projection:
With this mod, the propellers are set to the minimum and you have almost no artifacts.

Simply copy into the community folder:

Very important for legibility of cockpit instruments:
I set the pilot cam for landing. So you are much closer to the instruments without having to zoom in. If that’s too tight for me, I slip back with my office chair n little ticking: D but that has improved the “feeling” extremely, even at 70%. In the Airbus, that’s an extreme difference for me. On the normal cam positions it is no longer really pleasant to read for me at 70%, but nice and sharp in the “Landecam”. Not what the G2 is capable of and no comparison to X-Plane & AF FS2 in terms of sharpness, but you can read everything well :slight_smile:

What gave me the biggest boost:
If you open the tab for the map, weather co. go to the cog for the options and deactivate EVERYTHING that you do not need. The card, for example, cost me a lot of performance! You really have to move the sliders to the side to off via the options, otherwise things will continue to run in the background. I just leave the weather tab on! It’s unbelievable how much more pleasant it is now without all the bells and whistles.

Renderscale & OpenXR:
We’ve already been over it 1000 times, but currently I use OpenXR 70% and 70% ingame best. It really runs smoothly in every city, no matter how densely built.

My OpenXR settings:
Use the latest runtime preview on
Custom Renderscale to 70%
Motion reprojection to “Always on”.

If you are traveling in more rural areas and do not fly an Airbus, you can also go to 80-100% scale ingame.

Clouds:
I currently have my clouds on “high”. The difference between medium and high is manageable in terms of performance. Clouds on Ultra then cost extremely FPS compared to “High”. I would generally recommend not to fly with “broken cloud cover”, but to choose something between a few clouds or scattered clouds. You still have a super nice atmosphere and no major loss of performance.

Level of detail for terrain and buildings:
Extremely important for immersion. If you have the regulator at 50%, for example, trees & buildings pop up much too late, in the worst case right in front of your nose. In the Airbus, for example, I would set the controller to 120-150% due to the speed. For smaller machines, 80-100% is sufficient.

Cockpit repetition rate:
With “low” I can still fly really well for me personally. The FPS are just not worth high to me.

I will gradually add points again. As I said, those were the attitudes that brought me the most personally. The first item on the list was definitely a game changer for performance.

You can still easily remember, the smaller the machine, the higher you can go with the render scale. The bigger the machine, the further down you should go. I don’t have to go below 70% with the current settings. Before, I couldn’t even play the Airbus smoothly on 50% scale in the game.

All other settings such as reflections etc. I would classify somewhere between 0.5-1% of performance. You have to personally see if you even like it :slight_smile:

It’s always better, especially when it comes to resolution. But the way things are going now I’m happy for the time being: D

5 Likes

hi,
set HMD to 60 Hz in windows. Then reprojection work at 30 HZ instead of 45.
Try

What gave me the biggest boost:
If you open the tab for the map, weather co. go to the cog for the options and deactivate EVERYTHING that you do not need. The card, for example, cost me a lot of performance! You really have to move the sliders to the side to off via the options, otherwise things will continue to run in the background. I just leave the weather tab on! It’s unbelievable how much more pleasant it is now without all the bells and whistles.

Could you explain to which settings you are referring to? Is it the bar with active pause, ATC, checklist,ai assistance, weather, map etc…
Im able to configure the bar with options tab on the right but there are No sliders to turn down.

What sliders related to the map etc. are you talking about? Are you saying to remove icons from the quick access menu for weather, map, etc?

you have to disable this all, the only one that im using is the weather tab

1 Like

Hopefully it will help you guys :slight_smile: let me know if you tried my settings!

I get bad stuttering with repro off in OpenXR, which is better with it on (though then the cockpit frame looks wobbly). However, what is worse to me is that I see black edges of the rendered frame when I move my head. Do you not get this with reprojection on?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.