G3000 and G1000, Outer knob can't grab clockwise side of knob

On both of the Garmin’s it is nearly impossible to grab the clockwise side of the outer knob. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, why on the map are there two plane icons for each plane. A small solid white plane and a big transparent plane?

1 Like

I noticed that on the map as well last night, but only for one flight. If you’re going to be Sim flying, or racing, I would suggest investing in Trackir. I’ve been using it for the past 7 or 8 years, and I can’t fly or race without it.
And I’m still using the original unit.

Problem is, it doesn’t solve the knob problem. The area to grab the clockwise side of the outer MFD knob is too small and difficult to capture.

It is rather small. But I can still get it by leaning over to right and forward. When I’m close enough to grab it, I make my adjustments. The problem is that the Sim only let’s you turn right, not move completely to the right. When I lean using trackir, it’s just like when I’m on the left side of every turn knob.
Sometimes in turbulence, I even pause trackir when I have the right side of the knob and whatever I’m trying to adjust in the whole screen. That way my mouse cursor doesn’t move.

Just use your left and right arrow keys, you can slide all the way over to the copilot seat…quickly