G3000 Nav is broken after SU6

I just read something similar in the CRJ Forum, it seems like these gps mods are interferring with other aircrafts, also 3rd party ones like the aerosoft crj.

1 Like

Interesting twist. I reinstalled the G1000NXi yesterday after removing it to investigate a different issue. Iā€™ll remove it again and see what happens (or not happens).

The TBMā€™s autopilot will not engage about 50% of the time for me.

If this is the case, so we can post something on WT side and expect some SU6 hotfix?

Hi @ all,
I have the same problem after the SU6 on the Xbox as already described here. The Cessna Longitude also flies circles via AP. In addition, the GPS course shown on the VFR Card does not match that on the MFD. The calculation of the GPS course also does not seem to work correctly in the world view. The course line is not displayed correctly.

1 Like

Not just the G3000. I have the same problem with the G1000 C172. Zendesk deny any problem
yet prior to updat6 6 I coud happily RNAV anywhaer. Since then I canā€™t even get distance or bearing.

I just had this happen for the first time, TBM-930 on Xbox. AP doesnā€™t follow GPS, just flies in circles, I also had the GS displayed as 0kts issue which seems to be connected. Iā€™ve had successfull flights in the TBM and the Longitude in SU6 so it doesnā€™t always happen.

1 Like

Xbox user here.

Ah yes, a good old case of the GPS spinsā€¦

This often happens to me and itā€™s not just isolated to the G3000. I find this happens with any aircraft (currently do not have any third-party aircraft) especially when I switch aircraft after each flight. The GPS (pink line) will point ā€œNorth-ishā€ regardless of where my flight plan is mapped. As a result, switching on the AP will keep the aircraft turning the in a circle. The Alt adjustments work just fine but the Nav is broken.

At any rate, I find that clearing the rolling cache fixes the GPS issue. Itā€™s a bit faster than restarting the whole game.

Just been my experience.

1 Like

The same for me flying the A320 and some other planes. The autopilot does not follow the flight plan, always shows the distance to the next waypoint as 0 and does not change to next waypoint automatically . I was able to follow the flight plan by the HDG autopilot (which works properly). It seems that Sim Update 6 which claims to fix all bugs, brought more troubles than benefits as these bugs did not exist before.

1 Like

I am seeing all the same behavior that has been mentioned. Lots of circles lately. Xbox X

2 Likes

I can also confirm. Timing was a bit different for me though. Autopilot was working for me as recently as around three or four days ago, but as of yesterday and today, NAV and APR will not lock onto routes/waypoints/LOC. Preference always seems to be an erroneous right turn when attempting to activate either NAV (or APR when on approach).

Using TBM 930 with G3000 on XBOX-X. It fails on flight plans loaded in World Map as well as failing when those plans are deleted in-flight and new waypoints re-added to the G3000 flight plan.

Agreed, the APā€™s HDG and ALT work just fine, but the NAV function just spins the aircraft in circles.

Again, restarting the game or clearing cache seemed to clear things up for awhile but within a few flights the issue came back. Sigh.

Iā€™ve decided to fly aircraft without EFDs for awhile so I can enjoy multiple planned flights without needing to reset/restart things.

3 Likes

Did some testing today with standard Cessna Citation CJ4. Removed all mods before.
NAV mode of the CJ4s AP just works fine.
But once I load a flight with an G1000 NXi plane (tested with C172), the CJ4 AP starts to fly circles instead of following the flight plan.
When using C172 with standard G1000 (uninstalled NXi), there are no problems at all.
So, really seems to be a problem on WTs side. Not only G3000 but also G1000 NXi.

4 Likes

AH YES @LarsoPolo thatā€™s been my experience too.

For example, I loaded a low altitude IFR flight plan on the world map, used an aircraft with the G3X and AP. All was wellā€¦ NAV functions perfectly.

However, after my flight with the G3X is completed, and I plan a new route in the world map with a new aircraft that uses a different Glass cockpit type (e.g. G1000NXi) the NAV feature is then broken during the flight. The GPS waypoint on the PFD compass always shows my next NAV waypoint is north, but I know thatā€™s not accurate.

Anyway, this issue is not just isolated to the G1000NXi. In other words, if I start a flight with the G1000 and then next flight switch to an aircraft with the G3X, the NAV feature of the AP is then also broken. That is, it just annoyingly flies me around in circles.

So, this is all to say, I guess sticking with one type of Glass Cockpit for each gaming session will prevent the AP NAV issue. Sigh. Fun.

4 Likes

I tried three different default aircraft flying from Barra using a flight plan. All autopilot systems seems broken. Textron Bonanza 390 and the Beechcraft King Air and another small plane. The king air just circled above the beach airfield instead of following the flight plan with GPS/NAV activated. Iā€™ve sent three reports to Asobo Zendesk.

4 Likes

Iā€™m having the same problem. I first noticed this Monday (8th November).
I set the flight plan in usual manner, take off, hit Nav and the plane totally ignores the route, opting to turn in endless circles! Also, Iā€™ve noticed that the Ground Speed is 0 knots! Shenanigans!!

Iā€™ll try just starting up in a CJ4 and doing multiple flights in that rather than switching to a different aircraft with a different Nav system to see if it makes a difference. Hereā€™s hoping for a fix!

1 Like

I downloaded WT G3000.0.7.7. for the TBM930. Using Little Navmap to conduct an IFR flight. On two consecutive flights the display on the middle moving map froze. I had no other TBM Mod files so I re-installed the G3000. 0.7.6. This seems to have cured the freeze problem, but I can no longer cancel the red or yellow annunciator lights.