G36 Improvement Project

They like to keep us on our toes! :slight_smile:

I noticed that the G1000 (prerelease mod) doesnt come on in the updated MSFS; not sure which (or both) mods need updates?

Thanks for all your hard work making these! :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

I can confirm this. Also the custom logic is not working (electrical system, cowl flap) due to a definition change in the interior xml. This is now fixed in my local build and I will announce it when pushed to the dev-version.

I’ve asked for a heads up from the G1000 team. They deliberately postponed their release to after the world update. For a good reason it seems.

2 Likes

“When Microsoft sneezes, the world catches cold.” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dev version is working again. Please confirm custom behaviors are working (electrical system indications, cowl drag)

Waiting for the G1000 mod team to catch up and release 0.3, then the new 0.5 version of the G36 mod will go live!

2 Likes

So I can put it back in, just not the G1000 mod yet?

Always an adventure with mods after an update lol

Can I have a few people test this pre-release:

I’d like to know if all custom behaviors are working, as well as tweaks to flight performance, effects and textures. I have little time now.

3 Likes

Downloaded, will check through - although made the mistake of moving my rolling cache and now sat twiddling my thumbs, at 33%. :frowning:

1 Like

Did a quick little test flight and I thought it flew vey nicely, and acted like I thought it should. Not that I’m an expert test pilot (I don’t even LARP as one on the forums), but at least nothing was acting squirrely. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Completed a climb performance test, cruise test, and an approach. Numbers are SPOT. ON. We are well within margins of error when it comes to performance. Looks like your electrical bus mods are behaving well after the new update as well. Only error I could find was in the checklist, some text missing (should state elevator trim set)

EDIT: Before Landing Checklist, “Propeller” is spelled wrong.

4 Likes

Well spotted - will sort in the morning and push the change across. :slight_smile:

I’ve just completed a few circuits, plane felt awesome, book numbers are great. At first I thought the rudder sensitivity was balked and then checked the crosswind!

2nd Landing and I had a ‘little’ mishap and shot off the side of the runway. Was flying with a crosswind of around 14knts with real weather, coupled with my not great T-flight hotas X and it makes it somewhat sporty! Going to have to watch that! :slight_smile: Need to purchase some rudder pedals!

Went to clear skies and circuits were much more enjoyable!

Everyday is a school day!

1 Like

Glad the 0.5-pre-release is working!

1 Like

Somebody with problems qith autopilot hdg lock? The plane keep “dancing” woth hdg option on

Avionics seem to be unable to be turned on, as with ALT2 and BAT2 switches. Not sure of the root cause (spawned at runway start, not cold and dark). I will update as I get more information, as this mod may not be the root cause.

Try the 0.5 pre-release if you have issues, see first post. Note currently incompatible with the WT G1000 release and pre-release versions, so temporary remove it. The incompatibility has been solved internally on both ends and both mods are nearing a release.

I am using the 0.5 pre-release linked a few posts above without the G1000 mod.

To rule out mod conflicts I’m emptying my Community folder except for this mod.

1 Like

Mhh that is weird.

Tried removing all other mods to ensure no conflicts?

Load order correct?

I can’t help anymore (it’s after midnight here), but maybe those who are in another time zone can help you out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update: Definitely was a mod conflict. I’ll gradually drop files back into the Community folder and will report back with what was conflicting.

1 Like

A good, now I can go to sleep :wink:

3 Likes