G36 Improvement Project

Yes , so is mine. But after tomorrow you may be crying in your beer! LOL ! :smile:

After the update two weeks ago it broke. We never know what is going to happen. If they update G1000 files for instance, that mod may also break. We try to fix things as quickly as we can, but it may take anywhere between a few hours to a few days depending on what the problems are, my own availability and that of the rest of the team.

I am not available during the update tomorrow, so a fix will be released the day after if it’s easy to track down…

6 Likes

lol! :sweat_smile: :beers:

Thank you! Much appreciated… enjoying the heck out of the Bonanza now… :smile:

Love you guys! Without you this sim would be a dead duck!

This is super useful too: [HOW-TO] Best Practices to Fly Bonanza G36

1 Like

Very good explanation on LOP in a Bonanza A36 for those struggling with the process applicable to all piston aircraft especially fuel injected engines.

7 Likes

The Twin Comanche by EagleSoft was a favorite of mine to “fly” in FSX. That model had a very good simulation to assist in making fine adjustments to the mixture, especially once you were at cruise altitude.

Thanks for the link! :slight_smile:

I’m still having the issue with the G1000 powering on both screens when I flip the battery switches. Is this on my end? (I’m guessing so) or are other’s seeing this?

@FrettFS

Think I found a bug in the run up checklist. On the option for “Set Fuel Tank to Fullest Tank” it doesn’t seem to check unless you actually shut the fuel off. And if you tell it to auto-complete, it does indeed cut the fuel to off, and thus kills the engine. Happens every time for me at least.

Can you raise the Issue on our github?

This is one for @CaptMatto

1 Like

Thanks for the bug report! I’ll have a check over the checklist this evening and get a fix in :slight_smile:

It appears to be on your end.

Do you see different voltage indication for Bus1 and Bus2 (and smooth changes), 0 Alternator load and does turning off Bat1 make the indication go to 0 volt?

Trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t here…

Small observation. Parking brake is off if starting from apron. I started her up looking down the instruments and when I looked up I was in the forest :smiley:

FYI: G36 mod works but the G1000 mod is currently broken in the new update.

This unfortunately means that ‘NaN’ will be displayed instead of the manifold pressure and fuel flow.

4 Likes

Yeah. I have this issue too.

Disregard my last post.

If you do see the issue, make sure to restart the sim (in case you went straight from the update into the sim) and to be sure reinstall the mods.

Everything is working as it should.

4 Likes

I deleted and reinstalled both the G36 and the G1000 mods. What happens is when I turn on the battery switches, I get the bootup Garmin screens. The PFD loads and the MFD gives me the screen waiting for the softkey button to be pressed.

It’s as if the Avionics Master switch has no purpose.

Are you sure there is no other mod loaded after this one that somehow alters one of the files?

Reversionary mode should work in 0.5 + G1000 0.3.1.

To put this into some perspective: it can take 15 minutes or more for a defroster in a car to melt ice on the windshield at 0-2 degrees Celsius, if you’re lucky. Now let’s take a plane up into the air, and we’ll say that the OAT is -10C. Assuming a speed of 135 KIAS, that air is now effectively -30C. Some hot air blowing on the inside of the windscreen is not going to do a single thing to clear that ice.