G36 Improvement Project

This only happened once with me when I requested pushback and was with parking brakes on. After moving and release the brakes the plane got stuck.

Everyone using this mod fine with World Update III? I know they changed some flap stuff but I didn’t know if it affected this plane.

The mod isn’t loading for me after World Update III. I think it may be a problem with the WT G1000 mod, but I’m not an expert.

I was going to wait to post in case it’s me doing something dumb. Still jiggering with it trying to fix it on my own.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled both the G1000 and the G36 mods. I moved one mod in the Community folder out from between the two by renaming it. I don’t know what fixed it, but can confirm, mod works with latest World Update.

1 Like

The mods in your Community folder load into the sim from the top of the list down. The G36 mod has long had their folder named with a “z_” at the beginning of their folder name for just this reason, to make sure it was at the bottom of the mod list and more importantly, below the Working Title mod. I suspect whatever was between the G1000 mod and the Bonanza mod was likely overriding some changes the G1000 makes to the sim, and causing the issue.

Glad you got it sorted! Just keep the Community folder structure in mind for the next update, and you’ll be golden (until an Asobo update breaks something in these mods, of course.)

I just did a few patterns, so can’t say anything about cruise.
But landing and takeoff feel a bit strange, it doesn’t feel as heavy anymore.

Gotta do more testing, but I hope Asobo will provide either some patch for the bad behavior soon (especially the turboprops seem to be affected) or at least give more information on what is going on with the flaps and ground effect.
For the time being I don’t think it’s worth adjusting the config of the mod until we know what is really the issue.

1 Like

Aaand, there we go:

@FrettFS If you have time, would you do the adjustment and make a new tag+release for the mod? I don’t think I’d help with a pull request since the work would be the same for you.
The change required is stated in the link:

In the meantime, a workaround is to go into the flight_model.cfg and divide the flap lift by 2x (there are several possible scalars for that purpose: lift_coef_flaps or lift_scalar ).

I’d suggest changing the [FLAPS.0] -> lift_scalar from 1.9 to 0.95 and we’ll have to revert it back to 1.9 with the next update.

1 Like

Hi, I will look into this tomorrow!

However, if it is a temporary bug I suggest we just post the hotfix in the OP rather than making a new release that we have to revert in two weeks…

2 Likes

@FrettFS I did a short test with the halved value of FLAPS.0 → lift_scalar and the aircraft feels heavy again. Approach speed matched what I was used to.
Feel free to merge it into a hotfix branch and post a link to that one instead of making a new release, as you like :slight_smile:

1 Like

For some reason I’m not having any of the lift problems being reported. Done a couple of flights this afternoon with the Bonanza and although I was watching for it, everything appeared normal to me. But I’ll experiment again tomorrow.

It’s mainly noticeable with full flaps. If you’re just using one notch for landing, it’s not that big of a difference.
When using full flaps and flaring with cut throttle you can feel that you could easily gain altitude again, as if it was too light since the drag is correct but you have excessive lift.

Is it just me or has the AC fan switch stopped working? I still get the hand icon and if I click can see the alt load increase, just no animation of the switch.

The vent switch never worked. Yes it does turn on/off, but the animation was missing from the beginning unfortunately.

Added hotfix instructions for the flaps issue to the OP. Not a new version since the change is one line and it will be fixed in the next update (so don’t forget to remove the hotfix then or just redownload v0.61)

4 Likes

anyone it is experiencing problems with the cold and dark start? when i start the power on and the avionics it all appears in the left screen, i dont think it is normal, and my comunity folder it is empty

PS: also the Baron, i think it is in all the G1000 avionics

After you turn the Avionics Switch to ON, on the right hand screen there will be a prompt along the lines of “Press to Start” above one of the buttons to activate that screen.

I am having an issue (previously described here too) where sometimes at some point during the flight the throttle idles and is stuck there (moving my physical throttle keeps resetting the throttle in the sim to idle). I can use the F keys and mouse to move the throttle but as soon as I touch my physical one it goes straight back to idle. Exiting to the main menu and loading into a flight again fixes the issue (which is very inconvenient if you’re in the middle of a flight). I’ve been using the mod all day today and yesterday with no issues, now this happens on 2 consecutive flights. As stated in another post I’ve seen here, I tried reassigning the throttle axis (even tried switching from “throttle axis” to “throttle 1 axis”) but it didn’t fix the issue so I am convinced this is not a hardware issue. Might also be worth noting that when this happened (on both flights) the camera also changed position at the exact same time the throttle first went to idle. I have most of my camera buttons on my throttle so these two might be linked in some way.

On powering up the avionics the right screen should show the Garmin logo in white on the black screen. You then “start up” the screen by pressing the furthest right button on the bottom, wait a few seconds then it should light up.

The only other thing I can think of is you’ve managed somehow to isolate the screen - it is possible, it’s a feature of the Garmin, so that everything appears in the left screen in the event of a failure. Maybe a key-binding conflict?

That really sounds like a controller conflict somewhere. I’d start with the search function on the left side of the controller options screen, type in Throttle and see what is assigned across all your controller options. Hopefully you’ll find the cross-linked throttle control. I’m not sure how the camera could be involved, since it would suggest whatever is closing your throttle is also changing the view, and I didn’t think it was possible to get two functions assigned to one button or axis. But FS has boggled my mind more than once since August, so I won’t hang my hat on that…

Unfortunately it IS possible to assign more than one function to a button press - but the sim does warn you if you attempt it.

I once assigned toe-brakes and rudder to the same. It worked but wasn’t doing it right so I removed it.

Good to know, thanks! I had gotten the warning before, but never tried to see what happens if I accepted the warning and still made the assignment.

I’ve taken a good look and there are no conflicts whatsoever, I’ve even unbound the default F1-4 keys. Absolutely no problems for the past 2 days and I’ve been flying the Bonanza a lot. Today however it happened again (nothing happened with the camera this time) on my first flight of the day. Never experienced such problems with any other aircraft/mod so I still believe it’s possible the G36 mod is causing this in some way. I’m using a Saitek/Logitech X56 so if anyone else is getting the same problem with this setup it might be a hardware issue instead.