G36 Improvement Project

There are liveries on Flightsim.to that are already compatible with the Bonanza IP and don’t need to be converted. Check their descriptions, they will say if they are.

1 Like

I have the 0.6.10 improvement mod for the msfs G36. The problem I’m having is that, when I get to about 1mi speed the steering locks to center. I have to use my brakes to turn. When I stop I can move the rudder all I want, until I speed up. They said this update added more steering. Not for me. I have the Saitek rudder pedals and the Honeycomb Alfa and Bravo controllers. Is there any way to fix this?

Hey, that’s a new one that I’ve heard about. So nose wheel steering stops after moving? Are you running any other mods?

I can not replicate this on my end. I also have the Alpha & Bravo. Steering is fine here. ?

I would imagine it’s going to come down to a conflicting mod or borked install.

3 Likes

I had no issues last night as well. All good here.

Crosswind takeoff and landing is just as bad on the modded G36 as it is on the box-stock C172. There is simply no way an 8kt crosswind should throw the plane off the runway like this. I have a box stock install of MSFS and the only mod is this G36 package. Using a Logitech joystick with rudder on the twist and according to what I can see it’s getting to full left and right rudder, too. I cannot be the only one.

A couple of random problems have ben evident for me over the last few days.

Firstly, and this is a repetitive one; load the sim and then the aircraft (at a variety of locations), switch the battery on to check fuel and the PFD doesn’t display. Av Master on and the MFD will open up but the PFD stays black. Quit to desk top and start again and most times it is good to go, occasionally the fault repeats and odd times the PFD fires up but without the engine information ie RPM, MP, Ts & Ps and fuel gauges. If the latter is the case, that information is also absent when opening the MFD.

The second issue, and this has only happened once. Select the gear down for landing, the travel light illuminated but the gear did not indicate locked down. I committed the cardinal sin and cycled the gear and again, 3 greens didn’t show. The travel light went out and the 3 greens came on as I taxied into the ramp.

I am running the IP v6,8.

I didn’t find any other mods for the G36. I noticed that I have only 1 lively for the G36. I didn’t see any of the Asobo one’s. I installed it like it said.

Just flew KTPA, KATL, KDFW, KPHX. This is the smoothest plane in my fleet.

A couple of hours for each leg at 8500ft and 12,500ft

Thanks CaptMatto

4 Likes

Looks like some lumpy weather!! :slight_smile:

Glad you’re enjoying it - more to come

2 Likes

I crashed my C172 in Neofly the other day because I tried to land in the dark at an airport in Asia that didn’t have lights by just using the SVT display on the G1000. It was a sad day, I flew a lot of missions with that plane.

However, it gave me the opportunity to “purchase” the G36, so now I’m able to go farther, faster, with more payload, and with a plane that’s equally friendly to fly, has great avionics, and plays nicely with small out-of-the-way airfields.

Silver Linings!

3 Likes

Can the default Bonanza G36 affect the G36 improvement project steering. The default I have to have the rudder with reverse axis unchecked. However, the improvement project I have to have the rudder with reverse axis checked. Could that be why when I steer when taxing it locks up the steering after going more than 1/2 mph. Both planes have the taxing problem. I keep having to use the brakes to taxi which can make a long, slow taxi. It seems that I only have this problem.

Hi, No they are two completely different aircraft now so that shouldn’t be causing you issues. I’d do the usual checks, remove all mods and liveries other than the G36 and test, followed by double-checking your axis in the settings to ensure that you are not doubling up somewhere.

There is definitely something weird going on with your install as this is not a behaviour I see at all.

2 Likes

The missus just treated me to an early Christmas present in the form of the Thrustmaster TCA yoke and throttle quadrant. What an upgrade from my cheapie joystick that I’ve been using in the past! However, on the throttle quadrant I can’t get the very right hand lever to work the mixture properly. I cleared all the default bindings and set the right lever to mixture axis. Strangely, on the sensitivity settings I can see that the lever moves smoothly and linearly from bottom to top of its travel. However, in the Bonanza, the mixture lever only starts to move once my throttle quadrant “mixture lever” reaches about 50% of its travel. In other words, only the top half of the axis controls the entire movement of the mixture lever in the Bonanza, making fine adjustments quite difficult. Any suggestions?

EDIT: All fixed! Just needed to choose the -100% to +100% option instead of 0-100%

1 Like

I actually find the C172 and c152 to handle a little better in ground crosswinds. I’m not sure if it’s from the model or just the fact the Bonanza is a little faster at a similar weight. I can keep the Cessnas on the runway but sometimes the Bonanza takes out a few taxi lights with 100% rudder and the leading wing nicely dipped.

If you are using stick rotation you have a way better touch than I do! Even upgrading from entry level rudder pedals to mid range makes a huge difference. With a rudder twist I’d be a complete mess.

1 Like

Might well have to do some more tweaking to the model.

Could some people undertake a few tests and report back findings? That would be great for getting a baseline. We need to set up some testing criteria:

1. Use clear weather preset

2. Add a 90° crosswind from the left.

3. First at 5kts, then 10kts, then max crosswind of 17kts.

4. Repeat for 90° right crosswind

I will do the same. Are there any IRL Bonanza pilots here who could comment on max deflection in crosswinds?

2 Likes

Agreed, twist stick is impossible to use for cross-wind landings effectively, just not enough control because you’re trying to control 3 axes with a single appendage with extremely little range of motion. Just a teensy bit off and, yep, not happening.

2 Likes

I bet there are some that can do it really well. Probably that guy that beat Sekiro with a set of bongo drums.

1 Like

Hey all

I just completed some tests with 5kts, 10kts, and 17kts crosswinds and was able to hold the centre line. I do have rudder pedals and a yoke which will make a massive difference. It would be good to understand how many people are affected by a lack of ground handling and if there are any other issues at play.

Happy to tweak but the aim of the mod is realism so IRL pilot input here would be useful.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes