G36 Improvement Project

Yes, that’s exactly where I went to get the zip I used. It worked great.

Is it possible to use the PMS50 gtn750 add on with the G36 improvement project?

1 Like

@flyham4709 it may be possible, but I’m afraid I can’t support it. Up to you to try, I personally don’t have a copy so unable to test for you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response

It should work fine as a Toolbar GPS popout window. And I know there’s some mods out there that replace the G1000 MFD with a 750, you might check that

As Kengou1 mentioned, there are mods to get the PMS GTN750 working. I’ve used this one (but not on the G36, although it is supported as a G1000 replacement)
https://flightsim.to/file/13415/jds-gtn750-on-gns530-mod

anyone else tried this with the SU12 beta? I have removed all mods and thrown it in there and when I start a flight the plane bounces around violently until I crash and when I restart it just bounces slightly and spins in a circle. Just curious if this is only me or not.

Smooth as butter here

hmmm… that’s really strange

Things are OK here with SU12.

I assume what you mean is, you set up the plane to start cold and dark, or from the runway, and as soon as you actually enter to fly, the plane is pogo-ing all over the place even though you expect it to just be sitting there?

If that’s the case, it probably has something to do with the loading of the plane and the CG, either that or there’s something messed up with the points of contact in the flightmodel.cfg file.

Milviz had a similar problem way back when it was possible if started cold and dark in a parking spot, it would immediately flip over on starting FS, and the comment was they didn’t want to have to add ballast. I don’t know what their eventual solution was. But that’s what it sounds like is happening based on your description.

So, (I’m still assuming I understood your description), the first thing I’d do is move the CG forward or backward a bit and see if that helps. After that, I’d inspect your points of contact and see if you see something weird. Were you adjusting anything in the flight_model.cfg file?

I haven’t touched anything. I just unzipped the folder into my community folder. Going to the outside it looks as if the Nose gear is sinking into the ground and it’s causing weird collision issues. I have no clue what the points of contact are supposed to look like in the cfg. I guess I can open the aircraft config and compare it to the stock one and see if that works. I’ll report back with my findings

8 posts up is everything you would need to look at. Does it all match?

1 Like

As @meh1951 noted, make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version.
2. Make sure you don’t still have the old version installed with the z_ at the beginning of the package directory name.
3. Make sure to remove all liveries you might have loaded for the plane… in fact, “empty” your community directory except for this package (IOW, move all the packages to another directory somewhere, leaving behind only this package).

It sounds like for some reason you’ve got another addon conflicting and changing the contact points to the default or something really wrong for everything else in the plane.

Here’s the important lines…

Improvement Mod v6.1.0 Contact points

[CONTACT_POINTS]
static_pitch = 0 ; degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height = 3.78 ; feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground
point.0 = 1, 3.1, 0, -3.9, 750, 0, 0.62, 16, 0.3, 3.5, 0.9, 3, 3, 0, 154, 154
point.1 = 1, -5, -4.8, -3.7, 1500, 1, 0.79, 0, 0.39, 2.1, 0.7, 3, 3, 2, 154, 154
point.2 = 1, -5, 4.8, -3.7, 1500, 2, 0.79, 0, 0.39, 2.1, 0.7, 3, 3, 3, 154, 154

Here’s the default plane values for comparison…

[CONTACT_POINTS]
static_pitch = 0 ; degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height = 3.75 ; feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground
point.0 = 1, 3.1, 0, -3.85, 750, 0, 0.62, 10, 0.46, 1.5, 0.7, 3, 3, 0, 0, 0
point.1 = 1, -5, -4.8, -3.7, 1500, 1, 0.79, 0, 0.39, 2.1, 0.7, 3, 3, 2, 0, 0
point.2 = 1, -5, 4.8, -3.7, 1500, 2, 0.79, 0, 0.39, 2.1, 0.7, 3, 3, 3, 0, 0

You can see there’s a bit of a difference between the two models in the nosewheel (point.0) and the static height of the CG. You can find the definitions for the points here if you’re interested, table at the bottom of the page. The last two points define the max speed for the gear for damage modeling. The default plane does not damage the gear due to speed.

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Content_Configuration/SimObjects/Aircraft_SimO/flight_model/contact_points.htm

2 Likes

There was nothing in the community folder. I figured there might be a conflict and moves the community folder and then extracted the latest build from flight sim.to, I have never used this mod before. I just wanted to fly some bush trips with it.

And the directory name of the package in your Community folder is “bonanza-g36-improvement-project”?
(and you have version 0.6.10? unfortunately, the manifest says 0.6.8 :cry:)

If it’s MSFS-G36-Improvement-Mod-0.6.10 you installed the wrong thing… you need to move the directory inside there up into the Community directory, but, that’s been said many times before so I imagine you caught that?

Sorry, that’s the best I can do. I’m not on the beta.

I pulled the Bonanza-g36-improvement project folder out of the main one downloaded. I think this mod is just broken atm and maybe matt can sort it all out once the update drops. Until then i’ll just use the black square plane

I just pulled it down and it works for me.

1 Like

This sound similar to something I recall happening more than a year ago when the weight of the aircraft was insanely high for some reason. Are you 100% sure you have the latest version and did not inadvertently use a very old version of the mod?

If you’ve downloaded “Source code.zip” from this site, extracted the contents, and moved only the subfolder to your Community directory, it should work:

B36 Improvement Mod 6.10