G36 Improvement Project

I guess priming is only required in worse conditions. See: https://youtu.be/h24ms8P6CiI?t=119

Although I am not completely convinced by the video, since I could not find any real world videos without priming.

One real world video about G36 startup that I liked: https://youtu.be/sJoKNSx-xT4

Reading the POH states the fuel pump needs to be set to HI until fuel flow peaks, before starting.

1 Like

Try very cold temperatures :slight_smile:

A little slower? It would instantly jump to 16.4 GPH. 16.4 because it is the 16k position of the max throttle (16384) divided by 1000. Some lazy coding by Asobo there haha!

However, note that this is all very much WIP. There are bugs and it requires tuning. Some other features may also be broken in this test build. For example: on the second try the engine usually turns onā€¦

1 Like

I tested it in 0C at 7,000 ft altitude, and it started right up with no fuel pump needed.

It does still climb pretty quicklyā€¦I mean, sure itā€™s not like before when it was instant, but the POH says 30-60 secs, so itā€™s still pretty fast. Again, all with the caveat I have no idea whatā€™s possible due to what Asoboā€™s done.

30-60 sec? The time you will have it on in case of a hot start maybeā€¦

See this video that I used as reference. Shot by @JuiceBox7535

1 Like

Yeah, it does say hot starts for the 30-60 secs.

For those having trouble with Lean of Peak watch this.

1 Like

Perhaps I have missed this in the ongoing discussions, but has something broken the G1000 mod for the Bonanza? I get some really weird approaches being setup when I choose the ILS procedures. RNAV seems to be OK.

Apologies if this the wrong place to ask this, but this is the one mod Iā€™d really like to get workingā€¦ Iā€™m running update 1.9.5 of the simulator and Iā€™ve installed the G1000 mod, as well as the ā€œstableā€ branch of this mod as linked in the OP by extracting into the Community folder. Sadly I canā€™t seem to get either of them working - there are no changes to the aircraft, so Iā€™m fairly sure that the mod(s) isnā€™t loading at all.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can troubleshoot this and get the mods working?

1 Like

Hi @ryndaris

Welcome to the forum and thanks for downloading our mod!

Your community folder should have the folders:

• workingtitle-g1000
  • z-bonanza-g36-improvement-project
    (We have also included a WIP documentation folder you can put anywhere)

Microsoft loads the folders one by one on start-up alphabetically.

When you start up in the Bonanza you should get a BUSES-TIED annucator warning on the PFD if all is well.

Hopefully that helps, if not come back to us and weā€™ll try and troubleshoot. Feel free to inlcude a screenshot of your community folder as this is where most problems lie.

:slight_smile:

Hey thanks for the quick response;

Iā€™m attaching a screenshot of my Community folder. The PFD warning that you mentioned is what Iā€™m looking out for as well when starting up the aircraft, but Iā€™ve still been getting the default ā€œlow voltsā€ and PITOT heat warnings every time.

That looks alright, exactly as in the screenshot attached to the OP.

• WT G1000 is version 0.3.1?
  • Could you try some other aircraft mods to see if they load correctly?
  • Is there a panel.xml and WTEngineDisplay.xml in the panel folder?
  • Are your default files in the official folder untouched?

Cheers!

WT G1000 is version 0.3.1?

Yes

Could you try some other aircraft mods to see if they load correctly?

I havenā€™t tried any other mods yet, not really sure where to start - can you recommend one where it would be easy to tell right away if itā€™s working or not?

Is there a panel.xml and WTEngineDisplay.xml in the panel folder?

Yes

Are your default files in the official folder untouched?

Should be, Iā€™ve not tinkered with anything

EDIT: After checking the locations the sim was looking at for mods using developer mode, Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that something went very wrong during the original installation processā€¦ fresh re-installing now, will post here if problems persist.

Donā€™t give up. This mod is fantastic, and combined with the G1000 mod, it will very quickly become your go to piston single.

Absolutely! The Bonanza is now the only aircraft I fly in the sim. Love it!

2 Likes

Wow! 1000th post!

Thank you all; for being part of our mod, our community and especially to @FrettFS for bringing us all together!

Hereā€™s to another 1000 posts and taking the Bonanza to greater heights!

Fair Winds!

Matt

5 Likes

Just a happy update :slight_smile: I reinstalled the game completely and installed both mods, they started working right away and Iā€™m absolutely in love with this new & improved G36 - thank you for this amazing mod!

3 Likes

Great to hear!

Weā€™ve got some cool stuff coming up! Make sure you get your engine starting procedure right before v0.6 drops, especially if you like to go to cold places :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Awesome I canā€™t wait!!

I think I had flown this aircraft only once before. I recently started using Neofly, and had added the C182T at a price of 175000. The G36 was going for 210000. As I was saving for the 182, I found an airport selling the G36 for 179000, so I bought that instead.

I flew it for a bit, then came across this mod, and found this is a really fun aircraft to fly, and quite forgiving to land.

1 Like