G36 Improvement Project

The premium aircraft cfg files are locked in a file archive in order to prevent them from being distributed to standard version users. It’s a shame that they could not find a way to have them moddable while restricting the use to those who have bought the right deluxe/premium version.

Unless someone knows how to get the files from the archive and then re-archive them, I don’t see this happening.

1 Like

Fortunately the panel.xml allows for state machines, so you can have a state and conditions that define the transition to another state.
So I now implemented the BUSES TIED annunciation exactly as it’s required and made a pull request with that change :slight_smile:

The most important point I think is a caution does not exist for the pitot heat in the real plane. I use mine maybe 1 in 50 flights in south texas.

So if have the premium deluxe version of the Sim i can’t use this mod? Or is it the other way around, standard users cannot use the MOD?

All aircraft included in the standard edition can be modded this way as it is done here with the G36.
Aircraft that are available only with the deluxe or premium deluxe versions cannot be easily modded since they are encrypted.

So everyone can use the G36 mod discussed here since the G36 is included in standard edition - it doesn’t matter which version you have.

1 Like

Here’s the POH for the G36. For checklists, you’ll be referring to Section 4, Normal Procedures.

4 Likes

any one know the mixture and rpm setup for this update?

click on the link above you, go to section 4 and it has all the procedures.
here is climb for example:
CLIMB

1. Power . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SET
    a. Throttle . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . FULL FORWARD
    b. Propeller . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . MCP Climb - 2700 RPM
    Cruise Climb - 2500 RPM
    c. Mixture . . . . . . . . . . . . . . MAINTAIN FUEL FLOW AT
    CYAN CLIMB FUEL FLOW MARKER
    NOTE
    The fuel flow marker will not revert to the
    Cruise Climb schedule until the RPM is initially reduced to 2490 or below. The Cruise
    Climb schedule will then be available up to
    2530 RPM.
  2. Cowl Flaps. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .AS REQUIRED
  3. Airspeed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100 KTS FOR MCP CLIMB
    110 KTS FOR CRUISE CLIMB

I use cruise climb by 1000ft unless terrain or weather suggest but usually set FLC to 120kts+ and made sure the cowl flaps are open when its hot out.

Check the charts in section 5 of the POH shown above your post, but general rule of thumb for cruise is 25"MP/2500RPM and about 17GPH at about 170KTAS, or 23"MP/2300RPM and about 15GPH at around 160KTAS.

idk what that means first sim, like whats 25"MP/
i read the pdf but i dont know the lingo so it doesnt help me much

Fair point, on the right hand screen, on the top left side you’ll have 2 circular dials. The first one is the engine Manifold Pressure (MP), and the second is engine RPM. For cruise flight you will normally setup the engine controls to either show 23 on the first gauge and 2300 on the second, or 25 on the first and 2500 on the second.

The fuel flow gauge is just underneath those dials, with the number 30 at the far end. Each tick mark represents 2GPH, once you have your MP and RPM set, slowly reduce your mixture until the fuel flow meter shows between the 7th and 8th bars and you’re good to go.

3 Likes

thx ill give that a try

Stupid question time: I installed the V0.2 patch in the community folder and it worked great, thanks kindly. The V0.2 patch folder was titled “Bonanza-G36-performance-fixes” while the V0.3 folder is titled “Bonanza-G36-improvement-project”. So when I place the new V0.3 folder in the community folder do I still have to keep the previous “performance fixes” folder there as well or should I delete that?

Thanks!

Delete the old one and only place the new version 0.3 in the community folder!

2 Likes

Beauty: thanks kindly for helping an ignorant soul!

Thanks for this! The lack of power during final approach and full flaps was killing me, can’t wait to try this!

Thanks to the developers, the g36 now is more enjoyable to fly, once again I am disconcerted about the lack of attention to the flight dynamics by Asobo, What was the alpha and beta tests for?

I think it’s obvious that none of the aircraft were released in a “done” state.
In the source files you basically can see everywhere traces of unfinished details.

Asobo will have to prove their intentions here by improving the default aircraft no matter if community is working on mods.

I had a look at the checklist files (fun fact, the comments there are partially french :grin:), they are quite a lot of work to implement in a way that also the highlighting and copilot would work.
I think I’ll work with paper checklists at this time which is anyway more comfortable than that popup window blocking the view.

4 Likes

I’ve made a start using the POH to add the checklist items (interactive) for pre-flight. I’ve so far added each of the normal checklist sections, just got to fill them out.

Once I’ve done the pre-flight i’ll push over to @FrettFS’s Git repository. And we can test / see how user friendly they are.

5 Likes

To be fair there is a load of code in FSX that is commented out and not finished.

2 Likes