G36 Improvement Project

tried it out for a bit, it now seems to work as the POH states. thank you so much, and my fseconomy account thanks you!

2 Likes

The alpha and beta “tests” were basically promo, and computer spec testing, making sure it would work on the myriad of hardware combos out there IMO. The builds the testers received were often outdated. The “real” beta testing is done, as I understand it, as a true closed beta.

At this point though, it’s a moot point. I have little to no expectations regarding default aircraft. The unfortunate thing in my mind is they are so ■■■■ gorgeous to look at, it’s a pity most are in such a rough performance state.

Awesome job… :clap::clap::clap::raised_hands::+1:I just finish my 5th leg to cross the Atlantic in the bonanza with your mod guys and the performance are much better now … keep working in it and any help you need just post it.

More that happy to help improving this beautiful aircraft.

1 Like

I downloaded the update, and it’s a good start for sure. I appreciate the work that’s being done with it. Thank you!

Also a big thank you to the person that posted the G36 POH! Been looking for one online unsuccessfully. Much appreciated.

What surprises me in general, is what a dog the G36 is IRL. I have high regards for Bonanza’s as aircraft. I even considered purchasing a B35 when I was in the market to buy. Just perusing the climb performance charts, it’s not exactly a home sick angel on it’s best day. Not what I expected to find out about a $750,000 aircraft.

I think it’s because its a pretty big, heavy plane for single-engine piston?

Thanks very much for all your work: it is much appreciated

1 Like

You could also say: the real beta testing is done by the buying customers …

2 Likes

Maybe… But at some point you get all you can get from your testers, no matter how committed they are to the cause. You reach a point where releasing the software into the wild is what’s needed. Dunno.

1 Like

What are the odds on getting the G1000 engines page modded into the sim? Not having an EGT gauge makes fuel mixing all guess work.

2 Likes

I’d love to have a go. Do you or anyone have any images/video/info about the page itself? Currently working on adding the POH checklists and could do with a break!

This is for the DA40 but shouldn’t deviate too much to what would be in the G36.

This may be of use

A36/G36 G1000 Cockpit Reference Guide

Awesome, thanks - I’ll have a look to see how easy it is to add new pages etc.

The G36 can be a dog, in climb especially (it was a comment I had about this mod that even if the sim bonanza now climbs at book numbers, the real one doesn’t!), but when it gets to cruise she beats the pants off a saratoga, stationair, and is only matched by the mirage/matrix which is a much bigger and turbocharged plane or the Mooney which is quite a bit smaller with the same engine. Out of all of the above, the bonanza is the most comfortable to sit in as well (the stationair would be tied if the seatbelts weren’t so uncomfortable in it). The poh suggested 174kts was possible, but I rarely broke 170 before we turbo-normalized.

1 Like

I’ll admit, confirmation of stodgy climb performance brings a little tear to my eye, as I have long loved the Bonanza’s 33’s, 35’s, and 36’s. LOL.

As a side note, I was tinkering with the G36 before I found this mod, and decided to give it a little higher turbo critical altitude, which I think is 1200 feet in the engine file. I got a bit better than POH numbers, but still not realistic across the board. I guess I’ll just have to ■■■■ it up, and accept the fact that the G36 is basically an 11,000 feet and below traveler.

Maybe you should join the G1000 mod project then, since that kind of changes would benefit all aircraft using it:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-g1000-improved-v2/262603

I’ve already messaged @FrettFS offering cooperation/collaboration. :slight_smile: I absolutely don’t want to force anyone into anything, though, and it they’d prefer to work on their own that’s fine.

If nothing else, I definitely want to do what I can to make sure that the G1000 changes are accessible to users of this mod, which currently they won’t be. That would be a fairly straightforward thing to fix.

I just think that the mods should stay centered on their main package that they modify.
Most of G1000 implementation is in the vcockpit package, so I would discourage doing changes to be included in the G36 mod and on top making the two projects incompatible.

It’s just my point of view but I’d be sad to see if I’d have to decide if I want your G1000 changes or the EGT display. That’s why I’d vote for making G1000 changes in the dedicated (and consolidated) project.

I generally agree, and we’ve tried to set up the Working Title projects so that everyone can work in their own “space”, but we can all still benefit from each others mods by mirroring the Asobo package structure pretty closely, and just building mods as selections from our own altered package set. Hopefully it’ll make for the kind of “coordinated but loosely coupled” development that we’re starting to see spring up… but with a lot less room for conflicts.

That said, I care most about a) seeing folks contribute to the community, and b) making sure as many people as possible can benefit from what I spend time on, so I’m happy to work with people in whatever way suits them best.

1 Like

In that spirit, if anyone using this mod also wants to use the G1000 mod before such a point where we’re better integrated, all you should need to do would be to add the following line after line 5 in the panel.xml in this mod:

<AvionicsKnobIndex>14</AvionicsKnobIndex>

This will tell the G1000 which knob is the avionics brightness knob without overwriting all the other great enhancements that @FrettFS has made. Then you’ll just need to make sure that the G36 loads after the G1000, which I think means it needs to be loaded later alphabetically. If so, you might want to stick a ‘z’ onto the front of the folder name to ensure that happens. I’d need to test that to be sure but I don’t quite have the time right now. :slight_smile: