Game crashes and shuts down when I load a flight

I am having problems with my Microsoft flight simulator which appears to have occurred following adding add ons to community, but more so following the “airport static aircraft” add-on from the marketplace. Since adding these the game loads then when I load a flight the loading bar loads then stops and returns to desktop, or it loads and loads and the flight never opens up. I have removed the add-ons from the community folder, and the game still failed. I therefore removed the “airport static aircraft” and then it started to work again. It worked in the UK on the first flight, but when I tried to open a flight from another area in the game it just closed down. I also get the following message from steam when the game closes down “Steam was unable to sync your files for microsoft flight simulator with the steam cloud - if you have launched this application from another computer, your application settings and/or progress may not be in sync with what is stored in the cloud. if you launch the application now, you may lose those changes or progress”. I’ve started the game in safe mode and everything is fine, does anyone know what is wrong? and can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thank you

I find it amazing !!!

So many complaining they are having issues, but giving so few details that it is virtually impossible to offer any relevant help.

Two weeks ago, I made the offer to help the first person that asked me directly for help, and was prepared to work with them, with my full expectation is being able to find a solution to their problem - and even to work with them in private if they preferred not to air their issue in public,

NOT ONE RESPONSE !!! Go Figure…

So I ended picking someone myself at random, and helping them in a public post, which ended up in a 100% solution to their problem.

I am not saying saying I have all the answers, but if nobody can be bothered to ask for help when it is offered, and all they want do is moan any complain about their issues in the forum, then I really don’t need to have Answers !@!@

If you have’nt taken N6722C’s advice, here is something to try.

If you have the rolling cache enabled, delete it.
This could also be a conflict between addons that are in the community folder, or between addons and the static aircraft.
The conflict may not occur while in UK scenery.
Did you restart the sim after the first flight?
Second flights do seem to result in shutdowns or CTD’s in some cases.

Hope these are some help!

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your comment on my post. I have only just posted so I don’t know what’s happened in previous posts. Have I posted in the wrong area? I am new to this forum so still not sure if I have posted in the right area. Thanks

Thank you for your help. I have noticed that the second flight does do what you say it does. I’ve closed the computer down and restarted and it seems to have helped since removing the “airport static aircraft” which I purchased through the marketplace. I’m going to try and download it again and see what happens. Thank you

You have posted in the correct area.
I know several who have this addon, and none have mentioned any issues.
Don’t forget about deleting your rolling cache.

It was not a direct reply to you … please do not take it as directed towards you – it was just a general comment about getting help. (and a little amazement from my end )

Looks good to me, and is not my place to comment on that in any case.

I hope you get your issue resolved – there are many in this great MSS Community on this forum, who are both willing and able to help others, find solutions to their MSFS issues … GOOD LUCK …

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Okay. Thank you

To me, the biggest potential chance of what at first might seem like a random CTD, is LIVE data.

If you can reproduce the CTD consistently, when ONLINE, but the same CTD never occurs when OFFLINE, then its a very good chance that the issue is being cause by some MSFS data, from the Internet, causing MSFS the CTD. - and that , due to its almost random nature, will always be a difficult one to track down by Guesswork, unless there is some MSFS logging that catches the issue.

1 Like

Hi all, so the drama continues.

The game stopped working altogether and would not work once pressing the “fly” button to load a flight. It either crashed or just continually tried to load. In the end I decided to delete the game and it’s files from the computer and carry out a fresh reinstall of the game from steam. I waited the hours for it to reinstall and tonight I have set up the game with no addons or the market place addons downloaded, and sadly the game just continues to behave in the same manner.

I thought that a fresh reinstall would solve the problems, but it appears the issue continues. I have tried to start the game in normal and safe modes and it just won’t create a flight. It’s really strange but the problem persists outside the UK (at the time of writing the game had loaded at Heathrow). Does any of you know what I can do, what my next steps are?

Thank you

There are a number of things that can cause it, and there is no one particular fix.
At the top of each page here there is a “Support” tab.
in there, under “promoted articles” is * All versions - Loading issues - Checklist
This is the link for it. Start there.
If you go through that checklist, it links to another at the bottom of the list.
Best of luck, and let us know if this still persists.

Thanks very much, I’ll try your suggestion. Just checked, and the game is only failing when I am trying to select flights from North America. It works fine out of UK and other areas, but just stops when trying to set a flight from Miami.

Ok, that may be a different issue.
It could be a conflict from items in your community folder,
or a bad rolling cache.
Try with the Community folder empty, and delete your rolling cache, then try, before going into the checklist.

Thank you. I don’t have anything in the community folder and I have deleted the rolling cache.

Could this be to do with recently upgrading to windows 11?

No, I wouldn’t think so.
Do you use any external sim aps such as little nav map etc?
If you use NVidia drivers, is their cache enabled?
Have you made any changes to the sim’s default map program?

Done some of the trouble shooting via the link you provided and it looks like it has worked. Thank you and I will keep you updated

1 Like

I’ve come to use the game this morning and it’s not working again. I do not know what else to do. It’s so frustrating. I thought that reinstalling it like I did would stop the problems but they remain. I’m getting desperately annoyed with it now and Microsoft don’t really seem to be helping

So, is it just North American areas you can’t get into?
Your settings are kept in the cloud, and are restored with a new installation.

So… it wouldn’t work with North America. Then it wouldn’t work in the UK. Now it wont work with FBW a320? It seems it’s something different every time. I don’t know how to start a fresh with it all?