Game crashes and shuts down when I load a flight

Now it won’t work with the games Boeing 747 out of Manchester? It just feels like the game has stopped since I downloaded the addon I previously mentioned. I don’t know how to start a fresh. Clearly the reinstall didn’t have any impact

Here is one.
Try doing this.
It explains about synching files.

Thank you. I’ve tried everything and the game just crashes each time now. I’ve emailed flight simulator and just get copy and paste responses the last two times. I asked them to tell me how to completely remove the game from the computer and steam and start a fresh, but they don’t respond in a helpful way. I feel so fed up with it all as it’s been going on for days.

There is only one other thing I can think of, and I don’t know how it would work, or what you would be getting into.
Uninstall the sim.
Remove all remaining sim folders from your hard drive.
Uninstall Xbox.
Change your user name and password for Ms Store
Reinstall xbox making a new account at xbox with a different user name and password.
Reinstall sim.
That would get rid of any cloud settings and give you a fresh sim.

Other than that, I hate to say it but formatting and new windows may be another idea, and that is a big step

If I was to reinstall windows, how would that affect what’s saved in the cloud? Is it not what’s saved in the steam cloud that’s causing the problems? I’m happy to reinstall windows as nothing else works.

It won’t affect cloud settings (oh shoot, I had forgotten you had steam - but could be still done that way)
What it would take out of the equation is some setting in windows that is affecting this.

Did you ever use the Google Map Replacement?
If so that can cause some issues to the sim when removed.

I am suddenly (within the last 4 days) having extremely random CTDs. Specifically, I have had three (3) CTDs, all at different airports, KLAX, EHAM, and CYVR. At EHAM the CTD happened while taxiing to the runway for departure. At both CYVR and KLAX, the CTDs occurred during climb-out to my initial cruise altitude. I was flying the FBW A32NX with different liveries each time (all liveries have worked properly in other flights, as has the aircraft – most up-to-date Developmental version every flight). CYVR and KLAX are 3rd Party Payware packages, while EHAM is the Bespoke package from Asobo. My computer specs are, 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900H, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM.

I haven’t used the Google maps or anything like that. I guess that I could ask Steam to reset my could to like it was new?

Certainly worth a try.
Then delete the sim and delete all remaining folders.
MSFS doesn’t use registry entries, so no need to worry about that.

Install a fresh sim.
Keep fingers crossed!

My game has also started malfunctioning in the same manner as yours over the past few days. It can malfunction on taxi and after take off. I have also recently noticed that the graphics on the airfield can be problematic, in that the whole airfield turns into a blue square.

Did you install Bijon’s texture pack?
I have seen that give this almost exact scenario.

I don’t even know what that texture pack is? The only thing that was newly installed prior to all the problems was the static aircraft addon from the marketplace.

1 Like

I am really surprised how incredibly unhelpful Microsoft have been if honest. If it was not for your help I would be no further forward.

1 Like

In all fairness to them, they are extremely busy, and they don’t really know all that much about flightsim. They are probably going to use the same checklists mentioned above.
There can be so many different things go wrong and there are so many PC’s and Xbox’s out there.
That’s why this forum exists.
Often times folks in here have experienced the issues and know what they did to get it straightened out.
These not working ones are the worst.

Are all your windows and windows security updates installed?

Yes, everything is upto date and installed. It is so frustrating.

I think what I am going to have to do is:

A) Ask steam to delete the cloud and take it back to as new status

B) reinstall windows

I can’t see any other way really. It’s just a case of waiting on steam now. They did ask for some cloud log files which I have sent them, I’m not sure how that will help them and still waiting to hear from them.

1 Like

That’s an excellent idea.
Good luck, keep in touch!

Don’t forget to format your hard drive before re-installing.

Just an update. I am absolutely no further forward. I am incredibly frustrated and waiting on steam to sort the matter out. The flight simulator team at Microsoft have been absolutely shocking and very unhelpful. I appear to be getting cut and paste responses. I am so annoyed as I’ve paid all this money for a game which simply will not work. Really fed up now.

Well, this may be help if you haven’t already done so.

Thank you very much. Sadly that hasn’t worked either. Not heard back from steam yet. Heard nothing from
Microsoft flight simulator since Saturday.

1 Like

I just don’t know what to do any longer. Steam won’t help me and neither with Microsoft. I don’t know what to do anymore?