Game crashes on Start Screen

Installed FS 2020 on brand new Dell computer. Windows 11.
Intel Core i7 / iRIS xe graphics / 12 GB memory
MS store told me I had the requirements to purchase.

During the install, I got brave and selected the highest graphics quality, thinking new computer, must be good for it. Nope.
So I uninstalled the game, and then re-installed it to a new location on my hard drive.
I never got the options that I originally selected during the initial install and NOW when the game tries to load, i get to an 5 options screen and the game crashes before I get to select any options.
Is there a way to get back to those options original install options so I can get back to a much lower graphic quality.

there is a FAQ how to uninstall:

( most important the manuall cleanup in appdata )

But… you can also share the error message which you can find within the windows event log. May be its more a more common thing.

Or you can also try to remove the mentioned folder within appdata and see whats happens :slight_smile:
( C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe ). May be in that way you not need to redownload.

All - Instead of trying to follow along online, you can use left mouse button, hold down, highlight complete article, right click and copy, then open MS World; MS WordPad, and paste into that document. Save on Desktop, print, create a Flight Sims-Patches folder (on separate drive) and start a directory with tips such as this. I keep all I find; in case something is needed down the road.

1 Like