Game does not load past "Checking for Updates" screen

Hello everyone! I’m having an annoying bug for the second time. First time, I deleted the game and installed everything back again hoping it would be a one time ocasion. It wasn’t. Here’s what happens: I launch the simulator, the screens go smoothly until the Checking for Updates, and then it comes a black screen with a blue progress bar atthe bottom, that slowly build until around 80%, and stops. I left a whole night to see what happens, and it was stuck the following day. Here is what I tried after reading all over the internet:

1. Removing the current headset and audio outputs from the control panel.
  2. Running the game as administrator.
  3. Removing all addons and folders from Community Folder. It’s empty.
  4. Shuting down Windows Defender and Avast Antivirus.

I’m running the simulator on i7 9750h, Geforce GTX 1660 ti and 32gb of RAM.

Thanks for any insights!!

Check some of these solutions. Search results for ‘game won’t load’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Also check this thread from yesterday morning https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/stuck-checking-for-updates/

Nothing to do about it. Sadly.
I know that 80% progress bar too well…
Of course you have everything updated ( Windows and drivers )… Do you ?

This is what you try : ( my guess is that the software is conflicting with your Geforce… somehow. Yes , very technical “Somehow”)

1.- Go Windows - Settings - Gaming - Gaming Mode : Turn ON Game mode.
2.- In that very screen go “Graphics settings”
3.- New screen appears follow instructions and create an new item for app Flightsimulator.exe ( browse it…)
4.- Once created , select newly created entry and go “Options” . There you select “Power saving mode” NOT your Geforce.NOT “Let windows decide”

Now try MSFS2020 again.
Let me know.

Maybe you will get in, select “LOW END” for configuration.

Enjoy, probably slow but , hey , you will be fliying MSFS2020.

It is impressing to watch.

Good luck.
Greetings

give this thread a whirl.

if it works for you. when it is downloading change autotuninglevel=normal. or it will take forever to download.

good luck.

:beers:

Please use this topic for “Checking for Updates”:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/checking-for-updates-screen-stuck/390665